• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss SmartTradeFX.com

General discussions of a financial company
Stay Away

Cons: unregulated/no license, no email response, no live chat, no web based trading, no mobile trading, they only want large accounts, in business only one year, commission plus unexplained fees, website always under construction.

Pros: Another company's platforms, tight spread but commission & fees make things even.

Sounds to me like a shoestring operation. Surprised if they stay in business.

Last edited:
I've been with SmartTradeFX since Sept 2 2010. Fantastic customer service. Excellent execution speeds. Spreads are decent, comparable to other brokers. Commissions are higher but not unreasonable. I run my own EA's and have had no problems at all with connectivity. Been making steady money since I signed up. In fact I added money to take advantage of a special they were running to decrease commissions. I'm planning a withdrawal sometime this month so I'll post the results from that then.

I've been with SmartTradeFX since Sept 2 2010. Fantastic customer service. Excellent execution speeds. Spreads are decent, comparable to other brokers. Commissions are higher but not unreasonable. I run my own EA's and have had no problems at all with connectivity. Been making steady money since I signed up. In fact I added money to take advantage of a special they were running to decrease commissions. I'm planning a withdrawal sometime this month so I'll post the results from that then.

How did the withdrawal go?

I've been with them since late September. Great customer service, and my withdrawal was easy. Email/Fax in the form, wired to my bank within 2 business days. No fees from their side in regards to that.

The commission is a slight downside, but as another poster said they ran a special to upgrade into a larger account with no commission.

Again, the customer service far surpasses that of any broker I've done or considered business with. They gave warning of downtime to upgrade their servers last night and I've never experienced any downtime other than this. Even with the notice, I just received an email asking clients to contact them for compensation if the outage caused a loss to their account.

By and by, I plan on sticking with these guys for the long haul.

I opened an account with Smart Trade and now they want me to send them a scanned front and back copy of my funding credit card, including the security code. Has providing this information caused any problems for other Smart Trade account holders?
Thanks.

Back