• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Searching So, are there any brokers anyone likes?

Help me find a company
Upfx

Hi all,

It is now 3 months with Upfx. They are a trader's broker - meaning good spreads, fast execution, and super cool guys running the company, that always work to make you happy!
My first experience with them was extraordinary, and Jason in customer service assisted me with making sure my connection speed to their platform was optimal.
Since then, I have been blown away by the true STP platform, and how these guys make me feel like part of the family.
Mike

SKYLINE Brokers, i have been trading with them since 3 years, it's a very respectable Forex brokerage company as they allow full hedging, they have real-time pending SMS delivery, And they do me all funds transfer free of charge while i get real time market execution. You can try them & you won't regret dude !!!

My last post here was 19/Aug/2010 (11.09pm) and even after having gone live with 7 different brokers, I STILL find it difficult to endorse ANY of these brokers as they ALL have issues which, apart from being hugely irritating and disruptive to trading, seems to trade against their clients. Requotes, slippages, lost of connection, platform freezing, etc seems to be the norm in all these brokers that I have used (including a dozen or so other brokers on Demo accounts).

So, I find it amusing that some "traders" would come in here and sing a complete rosy song in praise of this & that broker which, in many cases, sounds nauseating and very obviously comes from either an employee or an IB of that broker. Plus, we all know that broker stinks to six heavens!

One day I just might find that reasonably good & trustworthy broker and I will name that broker right here at the FPA.
Until then, I will just keep on looking, trying, and trade on platforms with frequent requotes (or those that have no requotes slip me a few pips), lost of connection, hard to get connection, totally no connection as in platform freezing, slippages, etc, etc, etc......:(

Spam for skyline brokers!

This is part of the same forums-wide spamfest that you can read here...

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/spammers-hall-shame/18971-skyline-brokers-2012-spamvertising-festival.html

Spam in this recommendation thread should be treated as a recommendation AGAINST opening an account with the broker.

Hello Guys,

I had a great experience with a company called SKYLINE Brokers where i have been trading since 2 years till now & i am very satisfied with their instant live execution platform, they operate with MT4 trading platform. I advice you to try navigating their platform & website, for me i found a lot of benefits & proper offers.

I traded with Ava Fx and my experience with Ava Fx has been terrible!
I earned 186,000.00 € but Ava Fx erased all my account and profits with a "strange" reason: arbitrage practice and manipulation of the platform. Ava Fx actually introduced a new kind of commissions related to dividends adjustment, but they applied on my past closed positions and so they erased my profits. Click here -->>> Ava Forex to know the details of my story. I've sued the company and many other customers did: now there is a big class action against Ava Fx and a lot of complaints pending in the Irish Financial Ombudsman.

Aside from my ECNAlpha Debacle, I've also used Forex.com (still do) mini account (1 lot = 1$) and Forex.com--mt4, with their VPS.

The Forex.com mini account has been uneventful--I've deposited and withdrawn quickly with no problems, execution is decent, etc (I have't spike traded this account).

The Forex.com /mt4 account didn't work for me. I opened it, along with Forex.com VPS (no charge if you maintain a 5K min) so that I could run an EA. However, we could never get the EA to load, even with support from Forex.com--everyone was very friendly, very apologetic, and not a lot of help. Finally, I withdrew the funds from the account, but unlike their regular account, I was charged $25 processing.

IB (Interactive Brokers)

I am trading with IB for several years. Cannot say anything bad about them. Well established and reliable company (it is important for me). Money transfer in/out - no issue, although a little slow on execution. A good feature - you can withdraw in a different currency (not just USD).
Had to contact CS few times (they actually have answers, if you ask right questions). Mobile version is limited, but usable.

Issues:
- login is a dinosaur (you have to have your access card with you)
- they charge commission on fx ($2.50), small spreads, though. But you lose on commissions, if you trade too often
- their charts is a nightmare, stopped using those few years back.

Well, now I am at the point to use a 2nd broker. I am welcoming any feedback from the forum, PLEASE.
I am in US, so the broker needs to accept US clients. It should offer MT4, and should have workable mobile version of it.

Looked at FXCM and Alpari US, but this site's reviews on them are very discouraging. Opened CitiFX demo, but their mobile version appears to be a joke ;)?

Thanks

Fxpro:Forex Trading | Online Currency Trading Broker | Foreign Exchange Market | FxPro.com

and FXCM: Currency Trading Online from the Leading Forex Trading Broker FXCM

I have been using both brokers for about 2 years now with no problems at all. I like Fxpro for the tight spreads and FXCM for the micro lots.:)

Thanks Black Bird. I checked on FxPro. Bummer, they are not dealing with US clients. Well, I may try FXCM (even though FPA site has some bad review on them). Did you have any issue with them?

Back