• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss SolomonFx.com

General discussions of a financial company
Stay Away

I learned about SolomonFX at a Las Vegas trade show. I was impressed by some of the statements they were able to produce of very quick gains made using some of their strategies.

I bought their course, and found that their strategies all have less than 1:1 reward:risk ratios. This bothered me a bit. There was one daily strategy that called for placing a stop 300 pips below the low of a pivot low. This made the stop 500 pips. I was sure I wouldn't get stopped out of a 500 pips stop, especially since I was only going for 100 pips. Of course I got stopped out.

I thought maybe it was because I need to learn how to use their strategies, so I decided to take them up on their offer to join their trade room for $99 per month. This trade room trades from 8am - 10am eastern time. When I joined this room, the first trade taken was remarkably successful; however, as time went on, the moderator continued to chase trades that had already passed. This of course resulted in multiple stop outs. It was at this point that I decided that I don't need to learn from undisciplined traders. I need to learn how to better implement discipline in my trading, so I need to find a teacher who is disciplined.

This past week they had an offer for an EA. For some reason, I felt drawn to join this webinar. This EA turned out to use a simple martingale strategy that anyone could do with a little coding, yet they were selling it for like a thousand dollars. At the end they said they would give away a free copy of their EA, and my name was called. I wasn't sure if I should believe them, but I decided to believe it when I saw it. They said they'd call the next day to hook me up. Well it's several days later, and I even sent them an email, yet I still haven't heard anything from them.

My feeling is that this is a company of unethical, undisciplined traders who can't trade and only make money by selling EAs and trading courses.

I am glad that I am not the only one who feel that way...

Hi Empty,

Thanks for posting your review about SolomonFX. I am glad that I am not the only one who feel that this company is not all that it claims to be. I have also joined the trade room for a few months and I will say that its result is less than impressive.

I give Robert Sharpe his credit for coming up with the Step Trader EA and I don't blame him for selling it for nearly $1000 US dollars. He can name his price and we decide whether it is worth that much.

All I can say is that "Buyer Bewares". Like you have mentioned, the strategy is a form of martingale and utilizes hedging as part of the strategy. I actually think that his EA will work like the way he says it will and the EA will give a nice % return over time.

But, however unlikely, there is always a risk of a currency pair trending one way long enough to open up many unprofitable orders without enough retracement to make back the losses before a margin call happens.

I have checked out the live account statement from SolomonFX for the Step Trader EA and I learn that the live account has an initial deposit of $500,000. SFX is only using 1 mini-lot for the initial trade size. Even the trade size gets double for each subsequent steps, it will take many steps before that account gets a margin call. But, no one has mentioned that during the sales call and I feel that the omission of that fact is borderline of being dishonest...

Regards,
Ricky

Agree with all of you.

They are unclear, dont answer emails other than a quick no brainer reply,
Agree with all postings here, thanks so much to you guys, our group will not pay them now.... Time wasters...

Back