• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Info Are these recovery companies legit or not?

Asking questions about a company
So far, I have no problem with them. I wanted to know if anyone was taking brokerage fraud services from them. Are they just legal in what they do because they have a very good opinion.

Looks like a chargeback/funds recovery company with some courses as a side-line. They claim to even be able to recover money sent via crypto transfers.

Recovering money from crypto transfers is borderline impossible. If that's your issue, you are much better off reporting the problem to police and regulator than paying a fee to a recovery service that may turn out to be yet another way to scam more money out of you.

Never heard of it, but let's do some digging.

The tandhconsult.com domain was first registered in March 2019. That's not super recent, but also doesn't show a long history.

The site offers credit card chargeback assistance. Assisted chargebacks are possible, but many such sites are really just there to collect upfront fees.

Oddly, the site also offers a number of education classes. Not enough details are give, especially the prices. I also find it odd that their lowest level stock class covers IPOs. Yes, those can be profitable, but that's not the sort of thing a new stock trader should leap into.

The London address appears to be virtual, available for as little as 2.08 GPB per week:

https://www.britishmonomarks.co.uk/

There are over 12,000 Google hits for the Hungarian address if you leave 5th Floor out of it. That must be a BIG building to have so many things in it, unless it's another virtual address.

Virtual addresses are suspicious, but aren't a 100% guarantee of a problem. Time to dig a little deeper.

Let's see what the fee structure is.

"Basic" service wants 499 GPB plus 20%. So, if you deposited 1000 GPB via credit card, used these people to help you get it back, and got the full 1000, you would pay them 499 plus their success fee. You might have a lesser chance with a DIY chargeback, but you would get to keep the full amount if it worked. For all we know, they're "help" might be nothing more than a simple standard script of what to say to your bank.

They also have "Optimal" service - Starting at 1199 GBP plus 17% of the amount recovered, if any.

Premium - Starting at 2499 GBP, plus 17% of the amount recovered, if any.

Diamond - 9999 GBP, plus 10% of the amount recovered, if any. If you've already lost enough to consider paying a 10k fee, maybe you should get lawyer instead of a chargeback service.

It can help to get the assistance of a chargeback company, but the vast bulk of the fee should be based on success. These upfront fees all strike me as quite extreme.

But, let's keep digging.

Look at the 3 images tied to the testimonials. Do you think those are real clients? They aren't. Check these links to see those same faces elsewhere:

tandhconsult.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/team6-e1520482713380.jpg is shown here:

xanderbyte.com/about-us/
cloudio.com.au/our-team/
slydeways.com/demo/gallery-small-thumbnails/ and a number of other sites. Oh, but maybe other sites copied this picture. Let's check the other two.

tandhconsult.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/aman-2-%E2%80%94-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%8F.png is cropped from the image of Marlowe O. Erickson, Ph.D. you can find here:

shareinprint.com/shareinprint

tandhconsult.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/man-%E2%80%94-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%8F.png is cropped from the stock image here:

stock.adobe.com/tw/images/smiling-attractive-mature-man-wearing-glasses/190535196

Don't delay checking the images. It would only take them a few minutes to change them when they see this post.

So, are you ready to give more of your hard earned cash to a company that uses fake images of clients and charges high fees for its claimed services?
I'm looking for recovery company and some things make sense, but about pictures - bull****, i would not like my photo to be posted on the website hahahahaha even if someone will pay me haha

I see they made it into AsstMod's personal list of Recover Room Scammers and Spammers:

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/threads/recovery-room-scammers-who-spammed-the-fpa.64442/post-366105

That's an excellent reason to avoid them, but let's see what else there is about this website to make you want to take your money and run away from them.

The domain was registered on February 20, 2020 (less than 3 months ago). That does not inspire confidence.

Wow, they claim they can trace and recover crypto from wallets. If you tricked me into sending you some Bitcoin, although blockchain would make the transaction traceable, it wouldn't give me or anyone else the power to reverse the transaction. I'd have to win a lawsuit or even criminal case against you, and even that wouldn't get my money back if you refused to access the wallet (assuming you had left the Bitcoin there and hadn't already moved it and transferred it into other forms of currency).

The phone number on the contact us page has one too many digits to be a US number, but they claim to be n North Carolina.

Game over - they have "client testimonials" on their website that are older than the website. Those are left as dated comments and the dates go all the way back to 2018. That alone is enough to convince me not to waste any more time on the site.

Great post as ever not on for the OP but for all. Thanks for sharing :)

Back