Spread Increase During Report Release

spread widening - my solution

im on oanda, they widen 20 pips i think it was last week on a major announce.
on the more minor ones that cn make a 30 pip or so move, it doesnt happen.
doesnt happen on JPY/USD just GBP,EUR i think so far from what i seen...
no freezing

of course, if you get in a couple of minutes b4 the time, its fine.

statistically, you got a 50% chance of getting it correct!

if your intuition is good, its a lot eaiser to put the trade on 3 mins b4 the annoucement than it is try and hit the mouse quick enough to beat the banks and the spread widening... i always get caught out that way...

i nailed 2 last week with a fresh approach... "guessed" them...

today i say to my wife "i am thinking of a number - what is it..." it was five - she says "4 or 5". i then repeat the exercise, this time, its nine, she gets it... again, i visualise 14, and she nails this as well.

now, statistically thats very high odds...

think about it. a news trade is all about a number... if you can guess em... you get paid!

i cant wait for next week!

I watched IBFX during a couple of big announcements this week. Spread went up 12-15 pips each time. I wonder how wide it'll go on the NFP.

forex.com

Hi,
tried to trade the news at forex.com.
First 2 trades went well. My limits were hit and I gained a lot of pips on those trades.
After those 2 trades, I never got 1 single limit-order filled during the news.

Edit, I almost forgot I got filled once again, but that was not a limit-order and I only got filled after a move of about 40-50 pips and that trade went against me from the moment I got filled.

I haven't tried to trade the news at EFX (my second account), but I believe the spreads get wider during the news.
However, I prefer some wider spreads then getting filled after a move of 40 pips.

Regards, Ronald

Back