Spread Increase During Report Release

brettlambourne

Recruit
I was wondering if all broker companies increase the spread difference during report releases or if it is just my broker?

not sure on all brokers but Oanda does and so too does IBFX.

There's 2 that do for sure.

I have heard also that MT4 platforms have availability of a broker side plugin that allows them to hold order for 4 minutes....set from 2 minutes pre-release to 2 minutes post release. Or something evil to the effect of that.

I believe IBFX is one of the brokers that is rumoured to be implementing it. (now or near future I don't know)

It's a good way of offsetting the profits of the few punters who trade the news and manage ride both sides of the whiplash correctly.

thats the reason i left gft. they would hold orders for 4-6 minutes. left over a year ago so i dont know if the situation has improved. but it was a real pain back then

thats the reason i left gft. they would hold orders for 4-6 minutes. left over a year ago so i dont know if the situation has improved. but it was a real pain back then

And... when account with GFT is inactive for a month it only cost YOU $75/month "inactivity fee" Great life isn't it

G F T

One of the first and worst brokers I ever dealt with. END OF STORY. Professional thieves. They are sooooo soo good at taking. The most venomous broker out their that will never go out of business. News trades, forget it. Place a news trade and go on vacation ... get the point. Lots of kewl monthly charges. reps are liars, support people pretend to be stupid. If you ever have a problem one day they won’t fix it. I know brokers are out their to make money, but these guys are just so evil about it. These guys spend millions to attract people who are new and inexperienced to forex and that is their primary source of income. It takes a little experience to see what their really about. I know multiple people that got bitten by them and I know one or two that bit them back. If you are new to forex stay away. If you honestly know what you are doing and know what to look out for then it does not matter who your broker is.

Good post west coast. Unless it's NFP, you stand a chance with ECNs like MBT or Hotspot, but you have to be quick and know aht you are doing and it's best to use stop limit orders as I'm sure most of you know. I wouldn't even try trading the news with most fixed spread brokers these days, they will just steal your money with terrible fills, platform freezes, etc. Good luck to all.

from Freddy in Mexico

I am using FXSOL and they NEVER change the spread, but don't pay interest on all positions as others do for example on EU shorts.

Back