• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss StandardPips.com

General discussions of a financial company
Support

Hello,

I am the Trade Copier programmer and I will be glad to assist if you have questions.

Any discussions, suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

I just signed up for the one month trial on the trade copier. The guy who runs this signal is on the ball. I have sent a couple of questions in and he has answered them within minutes. The system is fairly easy to set up using the comprehensive instruction manuaul which is part of the package. I will let you know how it all works out.

Hello,

I am the Trade Copier programmer and I will be glad to assist if you have questions.

Any discussions, suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

Hello...for me the spread is being added into both the stop loss and the take profit. So if a pair has a 4 pips spread and trade copier is set up for a 30 pips SL and 30 pip TP, it gets entered as 34 pips SL and 26 pip TP (because of the 4 pip spread).

I've asked about this, but the only response I got was that I had to adjust the "target pre target" to not have the spread added. Huh? Target pre target?? Am I the only one who has no idea what that means?

If you could explain that (or how I can account for the spread properly) I would appreciate...

Thanks

Edit: one other issue; the SL is set to go to BE after +18 pips, but I notice sometimes it does that and sometimes it doesn't. No rhyme or reason to it that I can see. Any suggestions?

Response from standard pips so far on the first issue above has been inadequate (he basically just told me to "read the manual"); well I've done that, but still don't understand, so any help you can provide is appreciated...

Last edited:
Hello...for me the spread is being added into both the stop loss and the take profit. So if a pair has a 4 pips spread and trade copier is set up for a 30 pips SL and 30 pip TP, it gets entered as 34 pips SL and 26 pip TP (because of the 4 pip spread).

I've asked about this, but the only response I got was that I had to adjust the "target pre target" to not have the spread added. Huh? Target pre target?? Am I the only one who has no idea what that means?

If you could explain that (or how I can account for the spread properly) I would appreciate...

Thanks

Edit: one other issue; the SL is set to go to BE after +18 pips, but I notice sometimes it does that and sometimes it doesn't. No rhyme or reason to it that I can see. Any suggestions?

Response from standard pips so far on the first issue above has been inadequate (he basically just told me to "read the manual"); well I've done that, but still don't understand, so any help you can provide is appreciated...

Sorry first off 99% of my traders do not FULLY read the manual and when they do they noticed what they did was wrong. I felt really attacked last night from alot of people and their issue was solved by reading the whole manual. It up set me because I have been so loyal to everyone. I am not in this for the money I am in it to provide accurate signals and be a honest company. Rarely exists in this industry. I am not as technical as my programmer is and he knows every issue so far. I am sorry for my response to you.

I don't believe fpa testing is living the platform on, stop trades that should of moved stop loss to break even did not happen. I use the same platform as everyone else with no issues what so ever. So I know yours will be fixed, its just finding the little issue.

The SL to be set to BE issue has been fixed in the Trade Copier v1.1, so it will be set correctly all the time.

The other question is a good one and I will explain the reason for the observation you have.

The main idea is to keep the TP/SL levels of the signal AS THEY ARE ORIGINALLY and not to change them.

I will explain with an example, a signal comes

EUR/USD
Trend: Upward
Buy@ 1.3903 Target 1.3933 Stop 1.3873
Supports: 1.3914 - 1.3866
Resistances: 1.3951 - 1.3999

Because of the delay when you get the signal and the market volatility the Trace Copier opens a trade late with let's say 4 pips at 1.3907, as explained TP/SL will stay the same 1.3933(+26 pips TP) and 1.3873(-34 pips SL).

You ask why? Because if we change the SL to be 1.3907 minus 30 pips = 1.3877 and you can see that 1.3877 > 1.3873, if the trade goes in the wrong direction it will be closed before the original signal SL, but it is possible that a trade may reverse in a positive direction at 1.3874 and then WE MAY CLOSE IT IN PROFIT, as such we will REPORT this on the site AS a PROFITABLE TRADE, but in reality for the people with SL at 1.3877 this will be a lost trade and they will accuse us that our stats are not correct! As you can see the reason is simple, in order to keep our stats correct and our customers to get a consistent picture we have to follow this rule. Nothing can stop you to manually close the order at 1.3877 if you want, right!? :).

If you enter a trade before the signal Target is hit, we follow a different approach,namely the idea is to get these 30 pips and close the trade in profit as soon as possible.

Here is the example, a signal comes.

GBP/USD
Buy@ 1.6124 Target 1.6154 Stop 1.6094
Supports: 1.6135 - 1.6087
Resistances: 1.6172 - 1.6220

You open a trade 3 pips earlier at 1.6121, than the TP will be 1.6151 and SL will be 1.6091, i.e. you exit as soon as you reach 30 pips and your SL is exactly 30 pips.

Hopefully all this notes will shed light how the Trade Copier is working. If you have better ideas I am ready to listen and we are always open for discussion.

Last edited:
The SL to be set to BE issue has been fixed in the Trade Copier v1.1, so it will be set correctly all the time.

The other question is a good one and I will explain the reason for the observation you have.

The main idea is to keep the TP/SL levels of the signal AS THEY ARE ORIGINALLY and not to change them.

I will explain with an example, a signal comes

EUR/USD
Buy@ 1.3903 Target 1.3933 Stop 1.3873
Supports: 1.3914 - 1.3866
Resistances: 1.3951 - 1.3999

Because of the delay when you get the signal and the market volatility the Trace Copier opens a trade late with let's say 4 pips at 1.3907, as explained TP/SL will stay the same 1.3933(+26 pips TP) and 1.3873(-34 pips SL).

You ask why? Because if we change the SL to be 1.3907 minus 30 pips = 1.3877 and you can see that 1.3877 > 1.3873, if the trade goes in the wrong direction it will be closed before the original signal SL, but it is possible that a trade may reverse in a positive direction at 1.3874 and then WE MAY CLOSE IT IN PROFIT, as such we will REPORT this on the site AS a PROFITABLE TRADE, but in reality for the people with SL at 1.3877 this will be a lost trade and they will accuse us that our stats are not correct! As you can see the reason is simple, in order to keep our stats correct and our customers to get a consistent picture we have to follow this rule. Nothing can stop you to manually close the order at 1.3877 if you want, right!? :).

If you enter a trade before the signal Target is hit, we follow a different approach,namely the idea is to get these 30 pips and close the trade in profit as soon as possible.

Here is the example, a signal comes.

GBP/USD
Buy@ 1.6124 Target 1.6154 Stop 1.6094
Supports: 1.6135 - 1.6087
Resistances: 1.6172 - 1.6220

You open a trade 3 pips earlier at 1.6121, than the TP will be 1.6151 and SL will be 1.6091, i.e. you exit as soon as you reach 30 pips and your SL is exactly 30 pips.

Hopefully all this notes will shed light how the Trade Copier is working. If you have better ideas I am ready to listen and we are always open for discussion.

Ok, but all I want to know is what (if anything) can I do such that the trades will have a 30 pip SL & TP regardless. Standard pips suggested there was something I can do by adjusting this target pre target whatever that is. Are you saying I can't do anything in the trade copier settings? If so, fine, but please send a consistent message. One person (standard pips) says I need to adjust this thing, and you seem to be saying I have to live with this and adjust manually if I want to. So which is it? I'll live with either, but again, seeking some clarity here...

As to whether or not I can manually close an order myself, of course I can, but part of the appeal of this thing was thinking that I didn't have to mess with it. If I have to manually change TP's and SL's, and exit trades manually, well then it's not quite as rosy a picture as is being advertised "right!? :)"

But thank you if you can provide some final clarification on this issue of if I can make some adjustment in the settings to keep the 30 pip SL & TP automatic...

EDIT: Re.your statement "The SL to be set to BE issue has been fixed in the Trade Copier v1.1, so it will be set correctly all the time.", incorrect; version 1.1 is what I have, and this is what was sometimes moving SL to breakeven, sometimes not. I wish you guys would just address the problem rather than trying to convince me there isn't one :) I now have to repeat the same thing a second time and wait even longer to get help...

Last edited:
Sorry first off 99% of my traders do not FULLY read the manual and when they do they noticed what they did was wrong. I felt really attacked last night from alot of people and their issue was solved by reading the whole manual. It up set me because I have been so loyal to everyone. I am not in this for the money I am in it to provide accurate signals and be a honest company. Rarely exists in this industry. I am not as technical as my programmer is and he knows every issue so far. I am sorry for my response to you.

I don't believe fpa testing is living the platform on, stop trades that should of moved stop loss to break even did not happen. I use the same platform as everyone else with no issues what so ever. So I know yours will be fixed, its just finding the little issue.

Ok no problem; I understand you probably had a rough day :) I'm not a newb, and I do understand there will be losing days, or weeks or months. Long term is the key.

However, I must call you out on the comment you made about not being in this for the money. You should be pretty careful about making that kind of claim when you are charging $199/month for your service! Surely just your breakeven expenses aren't that high. How about $49 a month, or $99/month even? But at $199/month, that's a for-profit enterprise anyway you cut it.

I don't begrudge you at all for charging for your service; not in the least. You have every right to make a profit from your subscriptions. But I'm sorry, I think it's rather absurd to then maintain you "aren't in it for the money" when you are charging people! And $199/month is pretty high for a brand new service to be honest. But even so, I'm fine to give it a go for a month and then decide what to do long term from there. No offense, but just telling it like it is, from my perspective at least...

Last edited:
well, when we come into business, any type of business we will have to deal with customers' frustrations. Also Its not right to say that you are not in for the money. Assuming you and your partner programmer runs the company. and you collect 199.00, say 100 members signup, thats $19900.00 to me if thats not money then i don't what it is. I do not think you guys need an office rental or much overheads. But of course we pay for your expertise. like one of our members mention we do not mind paying if your signal is good. but 199 is considered slightly more expensive for a pretty new company.
What worries me is the forexpeacearmy demo is not speaking to well.
It does looks like your system are not able to handle choppy and ranging markets. No offense here...

Many clients have expectations what is the purpose of the TRADE COPIER and many of them do not get the concept correctly. This is something I will explain now, hopefully I will be clear enough.

The Trade Copier is AN INSTRUMENT, A TOOL NOT A TRADE SYSTEM.

Using this TOOL you can apply the STANDARDPIPS TRADE SYSTEM in practice, saving time and efforts.

The STANDARDPIPS SYSTEM is a PROFITABLE system and if you follow it correctly you will have SUCCESS. As stated by the owner of the company we are always profitable in the end of the week.

The Trade Copier has been written so that clients can open trades and monitor for Break Even automatically. It is configurable and you have different options one of them I am going to outline below.

If you have used a signal service or you have opened our signals manually you will see that the Trade Copier will be faster and more reliable than a human-being can be. If it is properly configured according to your needs!

Many people expect that they will install it and it will trade for them and they should not monitor their trades, THAT'S NOT TRUE.

NOBODY can replace YOU, your trading experience, your trade acumen and not at last place ONLY YOU know what RISK you are willing to TAKE.

The Trade Copier DOESN'T DO such things nor it was intended to do.

Now let's discuss some of the options you have in regards to the practical use of the Trade Copier.

Many people already observed the fact that in many cases you enter a trade late, how many pips late to enter a trade is configured with the PostTarget configuration parameter. There are two facts causing this, namely there is a delay(when the signal was sent/received) and the second reason is Market Volatility, there is no way to avoid the delay nor to stop the Market changing its prices so you can hit the signal.

The conclusion is that this issue is normal and you should know how you want your trades to be opened.

If you want your trades to be opened only before(earlier) the Target price is hit you must set PostTarget to 0(zero) and PreTarget to the number of pips you want to enter a trade earlier. Then we have two options, the first is that you are going to miss the signal if it goes in winning direction and you are late. The second option is that you are late but the market price goes in opposite of the winning direction and you are going to hit the Target price or enter it before Target.
Briefly when PostTarget is 0 you always guarantee that you will enter a trade before the Target price or a few pips earlier if PreTarget is not 0. The main drawback of this configuration is that you can MISS a TRADE as already explained.

Purposely I elucidated the PostTarget=0 example, because many people are worried if they enter a trade late. As you can see there is a way to avoid this IF you TAKE the RISK to MISS a TRADE.

Thanks for reading all this!

If you want your trades to be opened only before(earlier) the Target price is hit you must set PostTarget to 0(zero) and PreTarget to the number of pips you want to enter a trade earlier. Then we have two options, the first is that you are going to miss the signal if it goes in winning direction and you are late. The second option is that you are late but the market price goes in opposite of the winning direction and you are going to hit the Target price or enter it before Target.
Briefly when PostTarget is 0 you always guarantee that you will enter a trade before the Target price or a few pips earlier if PreTarget is not 0. The main drawback of this configuration is that you can MISS a TRADE as already explained.

Purposely I elucidated the PostTarget=0 example, because many people are worried if they enter a trade late. As you can see there is a way to avoid this IF you TAKE the RISK to MISS a TRADE.

Thanks for reading all this!

Ok thanks, but I didn't need the sales pitch or the instruction about how to trade. I trade on my own profitably; this is just a supplement for me and a way to maybe capture some pips I wouldn't be getting otherwise.

Finally, an explanation as to what the heck "post target" and "pre target" are. I had no idea there was a "target" entry price (which I think is what you are saying.) It's not mentioned anywhere in the manual or anyplace else that I know of. I understand this issue now and that simple explanation was all I ever needed.

Ok, how about the BE issue? You didn't mention that...(see my edit in above post if you need clarification). This is now my 3rd request on the same issue!

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back