Starting out with $200 and waht next...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it's good amount to start but you know optimal amount in my view is 2000 USD and 1% risk per day (20 USD). Enough to make off living from it and the risk is relatively low. 3-4 trades in a day.
yeah i agree with this but you just need to be happy with daily profit so if you are making $2 a day on 200 thats find but you just cant over trade and you will slowly build this up!

This is how I trade usually. 200 to 1000 level but target is 50 to 100 a day with max risked in 1 day 2%

If you aren't reliant on the money you make from trading then $200 is fine providing that you stick to the process and crucially to a solid risk management strategy or you will blow that very quickly. You ahev clearly been patient to this point spending 4 years on demo so keep that patience with your live trading

There is no doubt that forex market is a versatile market place but it is also a highly competitive market due to its infrastructural nature. What attracts me most in this market are the independence of trade and smaller investment required to work here. At first I worked with demo trading accounts so that I can have the familiarity with the basics of forex trading and a proper understanding of trading tools and techniques.

After practicing about 6 months with demo accounts I participated in numerous demo contests and fortunately I won many of them. Finally I came in action in the forex market with the live accounts using real money in 2016. My investment was only $100 with mini accounts and toady I am able to multiple the money efficiently.
Sir, am still struggling with how to grow account. Can you help me with your wonderful strategy?

Sir, am still struggling with how to grow account. Can you help me with your wonderful strategy?

As a new trader who is learning about the Forex trading his main goal must be to be able to protect his trading account from the losses.

If the losses are well under control then he will be able to make profits in the coming days.

Hello traders,
I have a question directed to experienced traders, but not to get answer from people who have still trading on a demo account and their opinion. I apologize if this sounds rude, but I guess you will understand that I need advice from someone already experienced in this business.

I am practicing for almost 4 years on FOREX demo account and I am feeling somehow ready to enter into the real world, but starting out with only $200 (I cannot afford more money as in my country the standard of living is very low). By trading, I have success in realizing my strategy of making 2% daily and achieving the goal of $50000 for around 340 trading days (excluding weekends and holidays) or 1.5 years. I am mainly hybrid trader (news, technicals and sentiment recognition).
But on the other side, in my head started to rise confusion when I have read on the forums and sites from experienced traders(I guess so) that the above mentioned is near impossible to be made on real account, and best starting deposit is from $5000 to $10000 (which for me this is institutional deposit and big money, impossible to afford) for which I was not able to find any credible information why.

What is your opinion on this, is my strategy a rational expectation (even for realizing it after 2 to 3 years) or only great delusion that will make you laugh out loud for the real account starting out with only $200?

Thank you.

P.S. I am not in desperation for money or trading for a living method
You can definitely build from that amount but would say it’s going to be a long slog,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back