Stavro D’Amore | Forex Trading Signals Explained

Stavro D'Amore

Former FPA Special Consultant
Dear FPA Members,

Hello and welcome to Part 1 of the Stavro D’Amore trading method.

During news releases, I will provide certain triggers/signals.
This document will outline and explain the strategies you can use to interpret my signals. I will also include information that may be informative to you.

To interpret my Forex signals I will have a very straight forward trade plan. I will provide triggers that I call “Conservative Triggers” that will be a BUY/SELL trigger.
Example of the conservative trigger for US Advanced GDP would look like this:
8:30am (NY Time) US Advance GDP q/q Forecast 1.6% Previous 1.9%
ACTION: USDJPY BUY 2.0% / EURUSD BUY 1.2%

I will outline “The Market” providing you with a brief description to what is actually happening with current trade news. This may also include recent reports, past reports and any other relevant information that you need to be informed on.

There will be a separate field called “Additional Thoughts” this is when I will explain my own personal opinion and anything else that I need to include to further assist you.

I will incorporate my “Pre-news Possibilities”. Should there be any pre news that I see potential in for a trade, I will provide relevant information required on these possibilities.

There are many strategies in trading releases and I will endeavor to explain the three widely used and main strategies in trading the news.
I will begin to explain these methods and how we may interpret and use them in our upcoming signals.

Spike trading:
Simple spike trading is to actively enter on the news release using various methods such as an auto clicker. The most common trading method that seems to work is to set limit orders or buy/sell stop orders before the actual news release. This explained method should be used with caution, as some brokers may provide a slippage and fill you at a price that could be better or worse than you expected.

Pre-News trading:
Trading the pre-news release is to understand the market hype before the actual news release. This method is a great way of earning pips.
To understand this, I use a study that is called reflexivity (social theory) as I believe it is the easiest way to understand the way that the market interprets the hype before the release. Simply, it is a circular relationship between cause and effect and the way the market thinks, remember the market is always right no matter how we think.
Reflexivity assumes that prices do in fact influence the fundamentals and/or direction of the expected deviation.
Example: US Core Sales was strongly expected to come at 0.2% and we are trading USD/JPY; meaning if this figure were to be released it would be a BUY signal. So what we are doing prior to the news (a pre market trade) is to go long 3-4 min before the release. What we actually doing is going with the fundamentals and market hype and exit prior to the news release…should there be a surprise deviation.

After the News release:
Trading after the news release is to see our conservative triggers are hit; I usually get in within 15pips or closer to the pre release price, or on a significant 50% retracement on the spike. Any worse retracement on the spike will be too risky to enter.

In trading the news release and using my signals I like to trade the following main releases as they have the highest impacts:
  • Interest rate decisions
  • Retails Sales
  • CPI
  • Unemployment
  • Industrial production
  • Business sentiment surveys
  • Consumer confidence
  • Trade balance
  • Manufacturing surveys
I hope my trading methods provided have been invaluable and in due course, I will provide a second part that will have further depth in trading strategies that we may be able to utilize and benefit from.

All the best

Stavro D’Amore

Last edited:
Stavro:

Good luck and best wishes to you for taking over the daily signals.

Henry Liu

Welcome Stavro and thanks Henry

Quite honestly when I read the intro e mail from Felix I thought that this was going to be an additional service. "After the Spike" News Trading. I did not expect that the Signals from Henry would be replaced. Then I saw the reply from Henry wishing Stavro every best of luck.

I am not complaining or anything. All this is for free. However I must thank Henry for his work and service and dedication to us all.

Stavro, welcome my man and may you make us make pips as Henry had.

Finally. Felix thank you so very much for laying all this for us. Whatever and whoever you believe in will surely reward you in many many ways.

Ernest

thanks a lot Henry

OoH!
Henry we will miss you a lot, we thanks you so much for your selfless services to we recruits in the fx biz.
God bless you

thank you

To Felix and Henry, Thanks for all your hard work and helping us all. To Starvo, I wish you well. Please be patient with us. Some like me still don't trade the signals given out because I still can't figure out the total system. It sounds obvious as to what to do. But being new to this style it's not that obvious to me. Some help getting over the fence would be appreciated. thanks

You are such a generous person Felix...

Felix, thank you so much for this new service.
There are no words, just feelings of inmense gratitue and applying your teachings...!

God bless you ALL in the FPA...!:)

Thank You...!

PS. Welcome aboard Stavro, wish you the best Love & Wisdom for you and your love ones...!:D

Back