Stavro D’Amore | Forex Trading Signals Explained

Thanks Henry and Welcome Stavro

Henry had a very actionable news trading plan. Thanks for the education, Henry. Wish you success away from the FPA family.

I can't help but wonder if Henry leaving has anything to do with the controversy around his EA...

Thanks to all the mods and recruits for making this site so helpful. Thanks to the Giants and Special consultants.

Help!!

8:30am (NY Time) US Advance GDP q/q Forecast 1.6% Previous 1.9%
ACTION: USDJPY BUY 2.0% / EURUSD BUY 1.2%

Can you please explain exactly what this means? Thanks

Hi David,

If you have news feed, you can see those numbers, most platforms may also show those numbers, and you can also see the release using our FPA calendar.

Last edited by a moderator:
8:30am (NY Time) US Advance GDP q/q Forecast 1.6% Previous 1.9%
ACTION: USDJPY BUY 2.0% / EURUSD BUY 1.2%

Can you please explain exactly what this means? Thanks

Hi David,

If you have news feed, you can see those numbers, most platforms may also show those numbers, and you can also see the release using our FPA calendar.

Hi David,

If you have news feed, you can see those numbers, most platforms may also show those numbers, and you can also see the release using our FPA calendar.[/QUOTE]

Retracement or Reversal

Stavro,

Welcome to the FPA forum and thank you for your input.

Just to clarify, you enter a news release trade following the initial spike on a bounce off a fib retracement? However, if it hits 50% you consider it a reversal and you stay out of the trade?

What candle do you use to determine the spike the 1 min or the 5min ?

Paolo

Interpretation

Default Forex Signal (Thursday August 18, 2011 NY TIME 4:30am EDT – UK Retail Sales) - 08-17-2011, 04:11 PM
UK Retail Sales
Forecast 0.3%
Previous 0.7%
Pair to trade: GBP/USD
Estimated Pips: 40-50 on Initial Spike

The numbers we will look for:
BUY GBP/USD if we get a positive deviation of 2.0 or more
SELL GBP/USD if we get a negative deviation of -1.0% or more

I cannot correlate deviation of 2.0/-1.0 to the forecast of 0.3%

Pls explain. Thanks.

triggers

I'm brand new in FX and don't understand how do you figure out the triggers from the deviations percentages.Thanks.Eduardo.

Hi Stavro- are you using a 5 or 15 min chart for conservative entries?
You say:
"Trading after the news release is to see our conservative triggers are hit; I usually get in within 15pips or closer to the pre release price, or on a significant 50% retracement on the spike.",
...so, say there is a spike long, do you mean you wait for price to retrace within 15 pips of the pre-news price, or retrace 50%....before going long? What would your stop be. And what would your target be? Thanks, Alex

Back