Stay away from ATAKA EA.

Michigander

Private
Their web site promises a 60 day money back guarantee...as long as you don't ask for it. When I did ask, I was accused of being an incompetent trader, a liar, deceitful, and a fraudster. It wouldn't be so bad if the EA performed, but we can achieve nowhere near the results that they purportedly achieve. I could post the entire lengthy email exchanges here, which will validate my case, but I thought I would save it for the actual case file. Please advise if I should post it here.

Pharaoh

Colonel
Accusing an unhappy client of not knowing how to use a product or of trying to "steal" the product is a common trick to escape a guarantee.

What website did you buy this from?

What was the payment processor? Also, did you pay with a credit card?

Michigander

Private
Web site is ataka-ea.ru.

I did pay by credit card but I have to be sensitive to the number of claims I run against it or I lose credibility there. I have two open cases with the cc company for developers that no longer support their license servers, so the softwares are boat anchors.

Pharaoh

Colonel
Did the payment go straight to Ataka, or was there a processor like RegNow or Clickbank involved? If there was a processor, chatting with their abuse department is a good option.

Michigander

Private
The payment did go directly to Ataka so there's really no hope of me getting it back unless you can shame them into it. I do have one email with all of our exchanges if it's time to share that with you. I also have a separate email in which they confirmed the 60 day guarantee.

Pharaoh

Colonel
I hate to say it, but your best bet is to go with a credit card chargeback. This won't help you with your other complaints, but since you've got proof of the 60 day guarantee, it should be an open and shut case.

Warn Ataka-EA that you will do a chargeback if you aren't credited immediately. If there's no action within 3 business days, go ahead and do it. Since a chargeback includes penalties against the charging company, it will be in Ataka-EA's best interests to refund you. Since someone there may be reading this thread, you need to make it plain that you aren't bluffing and that you really will do the chargeback.

Michigander

Private
I've processed at least 6 charge backs on developers like this, and I can tell you firsthand that charge backs based on guarantees are almost impossible to get. CC companies have very narrow charge back conditions. There are 4 or 5 "descriptors" that your dispute must fit into or they will not process it. It must be a "doesn't work at all", doesn't work as advertised", "defective", etc.. Violating guarantees is not one of the choices. These highly skilled CC professionals with prior experience in both the food and domestic service industries will never understand a 7% gain against a 60% draw down. It has to be black and white, and fit in one of there nice little line items or you're not getting refunded. Even if you can jam that square peg in the round hole, you will need someone else that provides a similar product or service to vouch (in their company letterhead) that you are correct. A questionnaire is then sent to the developer for his side. This is the Mastercard world. These are the hoops I had to jump through when the developers just took the money and ran, and turned off their license servers. So, like I said, good luck on that guarantee charge back.

Last edited:

Pharaoh

Colonel
Wow. Your issuing bank sounds more vicious than some. Other people report taking chargebacks over guarantees to Visa and Mastercard with a reasonably high degree of success.