Stop Losses removed themselves (ICMarkets)

With your case its even better as you weren't overleveradged you had plenty of free margin, people were trolling me for being "overleveradged" and that is no reason to ignore orders (that's why we set stop losses to limit losses duh), but I was able to solve my case.

The worst part is that trading is supposed to be zero sum game but these coders at Spotware are incompetent and clearly never traded themselves.

All you have to do is stand your ground and they can't deny that this is wrong.

@Constantino can you post the journal or platform logs that show each of the trades with the errors occurred? It would show the trades, when the stop loss was placed, and whenever anything related to that trade was modified / removed.

in mt4 this would be the journal log (not the experts log), but I do not know what it is called in cTrader.

@Riperson's thread had a good example of a screenshot I will link to it here:

f1f4794b0d37afbc98905dd034b9348b.png

8cb3be0d1117f56696cd8b3b050de680.png

Again, these are from @Riperson's account, you will need screenshots and journal logs text from your own account on the day(s) you experienced the program.

side comment: In the future, I would recommend controlling the stops yourself using robot/EA. The problem with letting them rest with the broker is, even if there was no glitch, there is a much greater possibility for increased negative slippage (or reduced positive slippage) as you are telling them where you want to get in and out. TP is also a similar issue. Especially with a hybrid broker (vs a pure a-book broker), you don't want to give them too much information on your trading intentions. They could manipulate the feed to their advantage. I'm not saying IC Markets intentionally manipulated your account....just saying that you shouldn't give them any room to manipulate.

Last edited:
@Constantino can you post the journal or platform logs

Bro it's super obvious that I can't modify anything with one hand holding the camera and the other hand controlling the mouse. Besides there is that 'Position protection setup failure' popping up.

Ripperson who solved your case and what exactly happened? Did you get your 5k back?

What EAs do you recommend for handling the TP SL?

Try testing this on demo account as I didn't test it yet, but I think it should work

Code:
using System;
using System.Linq;
using cAlgo.API;
using cAlgo.API.Indicators;
using cAlgo.API.Internals;
using cAlgo.Indicators;

namespace cAlgo
{
    [Robot("Sample close profitable positions", TimeZone = TimeZones.UTC, AccessRights = AccessRights.None)]
    public class CloseProfitablePositions : Robot
    {
        [Parameter("Account profit to trigger closing positions", DefaultValue = 1000, Step = 100)]
        public double Size { get; set; }
        [Parameter("Profit required on a position to close it", DefaultValue = 1000, Step = 100)]
        public double SizePosition { get; set; }
        [Parameter("Close by only considering winning positions", DefaultValue = true)]
        public bool CloseByProfitablePositionsOnly { get; set; }

[Parameter("Account loss to trigger closing positions", DefaultValue = 1000, Step = 100)]
        public double LossSize { get; set; }
        [Parameter("Loss required on a position to close it", DefaultValue = 1000, Step = 100)]
        public double LossSizePosition { get; set; }
        [Parameter("Close by only considering losing positions", DefaultValue = true)]
        public bool CloseByLosingPositionsOnly { get; set; }

protected override void OnTick()
        {
            if (Account.UnrealizedNetProfit > Size || CloseByProfitablePositionsOnly == true)
            {
                foreach (var position in Positions)
                {
                    if (position.NetProfit > SizePosition)
                        ClosePosition(position);
                }
            }

if (Account.UnrealizedNetProfit < LossSize || CloseByLosingPositionsOnly == true)
            {
                {
                    if (position.NetProfit < LossSizePosition)
                        ClosePosition(position);
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Try testing this on demo account as I didn't test it yet, but I think it should work

Code:
using System;
using System.Linq;
using cAlgo.API;
using cAlgo.API.Indicators;
using cAlgo.API.Internals;
using cAlgo.Indicators;

namespace cAlgo
{
    [Robot("Sample close profitable positions", TimeZone = TimeZones.UTC, AccessRights = AccessRights.None)]
    public class CloseProfitablePositions : Robot
    {
        [Parameter("Account profit to trigger closing positions", DefaultValue = 1000, Step = 100)]
        public double Size { get; set; }
        [Parameter("Profit required on a position to close it", DefaultValue = 1000, Step = 100)]
        public double SizePosition { get; set; }
        [Parameter("Close by only considering winning positions", DefaultValue = true)]
        public bool CloseByProfitablePositionsOnly { get; set; }

[Parameter("Account loss to trigger closing positions", DefaultValue = 1000, Step = 100)]
        public double LossSize { get; set; }
        [Parameter("Loss required on a position to close it", DefaultValue = 1000, Step = 100)]
        public double LossSizePosition { get; set; }
        [Parameter("Close by only considering losing positions", DefaultValue = true)]
        public bool CloseByLosingPositionsOnly { get; set; }

protected override void OnTick()
        {
            if (Account.UnrealizedNetProfit > Size || CloseByProfitablePositionsOnly == true)
            {
                {
                    if (position.NetProfit > SizePosition)
                        ClosePosition(position);
                }
            }

if (Account.UnrealizedNetProfit < LossSize || CloseByLosingPositionsOnly == true)
            {
                {
                    if (position.NetProfit < LossSizePosition)
                        ClosePosition(position);
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

oh please note that if you set max loss to take 1000, it will close the position if you are up less than 1000, so you have to type in negative values for losing stops

Bro it's super obvious that I can't modify anything with one hand holding the camera and the other hand controlling the mouse. Besides there is that 'Position protection setup failure' popping up.

That's why I recommended to use screen recording software.

Why don't you use screen recording software like snagit, bandicam, camtasia, etc. ? Especially in your case, you are trying to hold the camera and interact with the desktop. (bandicam is the best IMHO) and it can be automated.

Snagit Or Bandicam are two current ones. One has free trial, one is free but limited to 10 min recordings and has watermark. But that's ok if you know where the watermark will be.

You should download both. They do not conflict with each other and Snagit has 1 hotkey operation, set the screen area, and hit record (or take screenshot).

Install this software now. Makes life much, much easier on yourself. And you will need it later anyway, even if you change brokers or do anything on your computer that requires demonstration.

I recommend bandicam for longer recordings as it is built for continuous recording if you set it up correctly.

Thanks for your recommendation

Also I was thinking if ctrader f**** us over this way, what other ways could have possibly gone wrong too??

I work with various signal providers on telegram and I get different position pips between me and them when they notify us (eg. NZDCAD +20 pips, move SL to EP) and I'm still at 15.

????????????

Back