Stop Losses removed themselves (ICMarkets)

@FPA Forums Team can you look into this? I do not see the "OP has sent the company an invitation" post

FPA Forums Team Note: Look one post lower. He pressed the invitation button 2 hours after you posted this.

invite-opc.png
The OP has invited the company to this discussion on Mar 21, 2019 at 2:00 PM

this is their answer im almost happy but they need to post here too in order for more experienced people to read and tell their opinion

Dear Constantinos,

Your case has been brought to my attention and I after reviewing it thoroughly would like to confirm that investigation results provided were absolutely correct. That is is a logic of the platform and trading that Sl / TP levels have to be placed according to the order type (above or below Bid/Ask prices) , otherwise modification will be rejected.

You can find the reason of cancelling your SL modification in the server logs we have attached .

We appreciate your frustration over the loss on your position. Be assured we always cover losses for clients if they have arisen from any kind of issues from our side , however we ask for your understanding that there is no issue in this case and it has no relation to the Stop out case of the client on the FPA thread .

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further clarifications.

Kind Regards,

Alina Miniakhmetova | Head Of Customer Support | IC Markets

Why are they saying they cancelled your trades? Can you attach the server logs they provided?

I suggest you either:
a) switch to mt4 (or maybe mt5)
b) continue using cTrader, but handle stop loss yourself using algo.
c) pull your money out of IC Markets
d) both a and c.

If we see the logs and there is no good reason for the stop loss to "remove themselves", then we can invite IC Markets to explain why the stop losses did "remove themselves".

If you are still not satisfied, you can also complain to AFCA. But let's wait to see the server logs. Please upload them.

Also upload the journal logs from your local computer please if you have them.

Dear Constantinos,

Thank you for response.

Kindly be informed since this was not the actual reason of the thread and nor you are the originator, we can only discuss this with the account owner maintain privacy for security and data protection reasons however, you are free to post any of our responses on the thread at your own discretion.

Also the information provided comprises the fundamental basis of placing a certain order type which can be found on ample amount of sources online as well as can be verified with any advisor.

Please let us know should you require any further clarifications or assistance.

Kind Regards,

Alina Miniakhmetova | Head Of Customer Support | IC Markets

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

@FPA Forums Team can you please invite the company here to explain their actions?

@Constantino if they do not reply in another week or so with something of substance, I recommend filing an AFCA complaint. Not sure why it would get that far, as they know their software has a glitch.

edit: have you CCed IC Market's compliance department? although this is irrelevant.

Can you also review how much in losses have been accumulated because of this glitch? which trading dates and amounts?

Also, you may want to stop trading with them. Request a withdrawal, if you have not already done so.

Last edited:
Hey guys
New here..
I've been getting raped by ic markets over 20k of accounts telling me a vps would fix the issues ect..
I run a risk ea and it works most of the time but when it doesn't they wreck my account and margin call me.. today I threw them a bone and they did it again while I recorded.. my experts tab was trying to close the trades yet kept getting rejected.. only 2 1.5lots so nothing huge on Gu and wouldn't go through...This has happened so many times when I'm not on my pc it's not funny.. I have a monster custom built pc so it's not on my end even tho ic markets say it must be..

Tuesday night my feed was frozen for 2 5min candles.. And I've had 2 trades that where up over 15% closed automatically and they said it was someone at my ip adress closing them..

They defenetly play games and must be running a plug in on the back end of the mt4 system catching people out..

Also found on my journal them uploading 2 5m candles and 2 lots of 1m Candles so they're changing the charts aswell..

Hey guys
New here..
I've been getting raped by ic markets over 20k of accounts telling me a vps would fix the issues ect..
I run a risk ea and it works most of the time but when it doesn't they wreck my account and margin call me.. today I threw them a bone and they did it again while I recorded.. my experts tab was trying to close the trades yet kept getting rejected.. only 2 1.5lots so nothing huge on Gu and wouldn't go through...This has happened so many times when I'm not on my pc it's not funny.. I have a monster custom built pc so it's not on my end even tho ic markets say it must be..

Tuesday night my feed was frozen for 2 5min candles.. And I've had 2 trades that where up over 15% closed automatically and they said it was someone at my ip adress closing them..

They defenetly play games and must be running a plug in on the back end of the mt4 system catching people out..

Also found on my journal them uploading 2 5m candles and 2 lots of 1m Candles so they're changing the charts aswell..

@The_onesie_trader please avoid cross-posting your issue in other scam alerts.

Instead open your own independent scam alert and submit evidence:

fpa-screenshot-create-new-thread-button-png.42337

Back