Strike Commodities Ltd

Joanne28

Recruit
Hi, has anyone heard of or dealt with Strike Commodities Ltd based in Chicago? My husband and I sent $6000USD to them and now I am concerned that they may be a scam and we have lost our money. Please help. Their website with their details is StrikeCommodities.Com

The reason we beleive this may be a scam is because they say on their website that they are owned by Striker Securities and when we have contacted them they have said they have never heard of them and are more than likely a pirate website operating out of Nigeria. They say they are based in the Chicago Board of Trade Building but when we call the building they have no information on them. We cannot get in touch with them by phone, only by email and then they call us from a 'private number' - no one ever answers when we call the number given.

We have requested in an email that they return our investment. We are just waiting to see whether this happens but I am not hopeful.

Any information you may have on this company would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!!

Last edited:
How did you transfer the money to them? If by bank wire, get to your bank and ask them where the best place to file fraud charges is.

Here's some more info on them. They claim to have been around since 1989, but didn't bother to register their website until 2009. A quick search on the company name and CEO name only lists their website - not a single item anywhere else.

I also sent $6000.00 USD to strike commodities and now after sending them their own withdrawal form the web site has been removed and I am unable to contact anyone from strike commodities but I am in the process of contacting Hanworyh weir LTD which is where the money was sent to and requesting that they return my money as it was a fraudulent company claiming my money. I have also engaged the ANZ bank to assist in retreiving my funds.

Why would people send 6000 to a company with no verifiable information? Was the advertising that convincing?

I am also a victim of the scam from Strike Commodities. I sent 5000USD to Strike commodities during June for buying Gold options. I had online access to their Website and my accounts till 30 Oct. If the transactions were genuine the December options are currently of very significant value. The last communication from them was in mid October when they sent a form for transfer of my accrued profits to homeland. Both their e-mail address and websites are inactive after 30 October. I have sent a letter to the Komercijalna Bank AD to provide transaction history of my account. It appears that the referrred beneficiaries Hanworth Weir and First United Holdings are also scams. Their websites are inactive and e-mail bounces back. Bank is the only hope. Is there any regulatory agency in USA similar to Australian Investment & Securities Commission (ASIC) where we can lodge our complaint and companies and accounts can be tracked?.

Hi, has anyone heard of or dealt with Strike Commodities Ltd based in Chicago? My husband and I sent $6000USD to them and now I am concerned that they may be a scam and we have lost our money. Please help. Their website with their details is StrikeCommodities.Com

The reason we beleive this may be a scam is because they say on their website that they are owned by Striker Securities and when we have contacted them they have said they have never heard of them and are more than likely a pirate website operating out of Nigeria. They say they are based in the Chicago Board of Trade Building but when we call the building they have no information on them. We cannot get in touch with them by phone, only by email and then they call us from a 'private number' - no one ever answers when we call the number given.

We have requested in an email that they return our investment. We are just waiting to see whether this happens but I am not hopeful.

Any information you may have on this company would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!!
Have you submitted your complaint with these committies including the NFA
U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission
www.SEC.gov
Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

Complaint

Thank you for the suggestion. I have lodged complaints with all the three agencies. SEC replied that the company does not come under their jurisdiction and suggested CFTC is the right agency. IC3 and CFTC are reviewing and yet to respond. I have also asked the registration status of the companies and CTA with CFTC. I will lodge a complaint with NFA as well...

Thank you for the suggestion. I have lodged complaints with all the three agencies. SEC replied that the company does not come under their jurisdiction and suggested CFTC is the right agency. IC3 and CFTC are reviewing and yet to respond. I have also asked the registration status of the companies and CTA with CFTC. I will lodge a complaint with NFA as well...

I dont know if this will help.
------------------------- Date:11/16/2010 23:05:38 --------------------
STRIKECOMMODITIES.COM WHOIS Updated: 18 hours ago Registrant: Contactprivacy.com 96 Mowat Ave Toronto, ON M6K 3M1 CA Domain name: STRIKECOMMODITIES.COM Administrative Contact: contactprivacy.com, @contactprivacy.com 96 Mowat Ave Toronto, ON M6K 3M1 CA +1.4165385457 Technical Contact: contactprivacy.com, @contactprivacy.com 96 Mowat Ave Toronto, ON M6K 3M1 CA +1.4165385457 Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC. Record last updated on 07-Nov-2010. Record expires on 12-Mar-2011. Record created on 12-Mar-2009. Domain servers in listed order: Domain status: clientTransferProhibited clientUpdateProhibited This domain's privacy is protected by contactprivacy.com. To reach the domain contacts, please go to http://www.contactprivacy.com and follow the instructions. Information Updated: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 06:08:34 UTC RELATED DOMAINS FOR STRIKECOMMODITIES.COM name.com tucows.com opensrs.net contactprivacy.com

Back