Strike Commodities

Mark W

Recruit
Good Day to every one, I'm new at this so please forgive any errors ext.

About two year ago I got stung by a company called Strike Commodities, the amount was $7000.00 AU. I still have the details on my computer at home in Sydney, I am currently working in Canberra ACT with the RAAF, Royal Australian Airforce.

There are two reasons that I have brought this up after two years , one while looking at This site I saw some one else asking about Strike Commodities, and now over the last two weeks and into this week I have a no of phone calls from a persons claiming to be from SCFS Trading a Singapore based company, Mr PETER BATES contacted me last night at about 1800HRS or so having a go at me for taking so ling to invest another $3000.00 in forex, after much conversation with some one called Tom, who's last name escapes me at the moment.

If any one out there can tell me if there is such a company as SCFS-Trading in Singapore that would be nice. I enclose some email from this fellow;From: SCFS Trading <admin@scfs-trading.com>
Subject: URGENT DEAD LINE 24 HOURS IMPORTANT
Date: 20 May 2013 6:36:39 PM AEST
To: Mark Stevens <shadowmelvin@gmail.com>

Dear Mr. Mark Stevens,

Per our conversation, we have extended your option purchase for another 24 hours.* Please visit www.ozforex.com; open up an online transfer account.* The telegraphic bank service is no longer an option because you have over extended the the 3 plus trade date requirement.* Ozforex is a Sydney based money transfer company and we have been approved by them as a reputable commodities firm with proper credentials.**

Ozforex will insure proper and accurate delivery of your funds for the purchase of five (5) options, that is a total of US$5,000.00.* You will receive an electronic confirmation and a credit advice receipt.* Your online trading account will reflect the transfer as well.* Please forward a copy of the credit advice to accounting@scfs-trading.com to confirm accuracy.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call my office direct at 852-369-31572 or email pbates@scfs-trading.com. Thank you in advance for your prompt attention and look forward to servicing your affairs with SCFS Trading.

Kind regards,

Peter Bates
Manager International Accts.
852-369-31572
pbates@scfs-trading.co

Look at it this way - a guy claiming to be from a Singapore company (with a website only registered in November 2012) wants you to send money to an Australian company that can't even handle a simple (and traceable) wire transfer to accept funds.

It sounds like you've already fallen for one investment scam of this sort. Once you do that, you get put on the "sucker's list" and they'll try again - either under new names or as a "recovery room" operation where there's an opportunity to get back your lost money - if you send some money first.

Since ozforex is supposed to be in Sydney, why not pay them a visit, and maybe also have a chat with ASIC and see if how familiar with this company. Perhaps even Ozforex isn't really involved and it's a diversion - maybe you'll be given alternate instructions on where to send the money if you reply.

I totally agree with Pharaoh here, for me enough the fact I never heard of these guys and I am in this industry since 2005. There are many other good and well known Ausie companies there and maybe you should go for them?
Don't get from what I am telling you that they are a a scamming operation, but they are unknown and it's up to you whether to take this risk or not.

Master Yoda, you said "There are many other good and well known Ausie companies there."

Could you suggest a couple of names? I have to move some Aussie dollars to the US and I want to use a service other than a bank. But I don't know what is a trustworthy one. It's hard to know by looking online, as there are many shills out there...

Thanks in advance...

Moderation Team Note: NEVER ask for or give company recommendations in a Scam Alerts thread. To do so would permanently tied the name of the recommended company to a complaint about another company.

Use the Company Comparisons folder in the Commerce Zone for this sort of question.

Back