Swap question

Whooah05

Recruit
Hello,

since this is my first post, and I very well may be a beginner thing, I decided to post it in the bootcamp.

I'm not really sure what happened so am just looking for clarification.

I have 4 trades open on MT4 for NG, total lot size is 1.13(0.08, 0.55, 0.40, 0.10), the first trade was open on the 26th of september, then 7th of october, 17th of october and 25th of october. At the end of friday the 25th the total of my swap values was around (-)20ish euro... give or take... Now at the start of the Monday session on the 28th my swap jumped to a total of (-)1590 euro. So in the last month, 3 weeks, 2 weeks for the 3 trades the total swap came up to a total of 20ish and then why the jump?

Kind regards,
Whooah

You can calculate swaps yourself with formula swap = (swap points * pip value * number of days)/10
Pip value should be calculated for the current position size.
Triple swap is credited/debited on Wednesday.
Cheers.
Hello,

since this is my first post, and I very well may be a beginner thing, I decided to post it in the bootcamp.

I'm not really sure what happened so am just looking for clarification.

I have 4 trades open on MT4 for NG, total lot size is 1.13(0.08, 0.55, 0.40, 0.10), the first trade was open on the 26th of september, then 7th of october, 17th of october and 25th of october. At the end of friday the 25th the total of my swap values was around (-)20ish euro... give or take... Now at the start of the Monday session on the 28th my swap jumped to a total of (-)1590 euro. So in the last month, 3 weeks, 2 weeks for the 3 trades the total swap came up to a total of 20ish and then why the jump?

Kind regards,
Whooah

Are you sure by the way that your broker do calculate all this correctly for example ? Of course formula here seems totally fine, but is it enough anyway for whatever reasons out there. I do not really want to end this much in the end. How much do you need to ?

was reading something about traders who trade on positvie swap pairs and hold there positions to build the swap to cash out was a good read

It is good that you have found the solution but in case you have any issue in any kind of calculations in forex markets, you can simply check the calculators for pip,swaps,p/l,fibonacci, comission,margin required,etc. available on almost all the brokers.

Was looking at the wrong month for the rollover... My bad. The thread can be closed.
Ty
Happens at times... :p But its great that you were able to sort it out because it seemed really unbelievable to have been charged so much of swap.

Happens at times... :p But its great that you were able to sort it out because it seemed really unbelievable to have been charged so much of swap.
Swap rates are both positive and negative but it is very hard to earn positive swaps without any risks.

Back