Swap question

Swap rates are both positive and negative but it is very hard to earn positive swaps without any risks.
I have never earned swaps in my trading history on any of my trades till date. My trades always dragged me into paying swaps. :confused:

I have never earned swaps in my trading history on any of my trades till date. My trades always dragged me into paying swaps. :confused:
It is perfectly ok if you expect that the capital gain will offset the loss in swaps. It's a major discomfort for newbies to see how swaps eat their profit (or increase loss) but this is due to bias for short-term gains.

Yes,,,,,,, that is soooo like true... If you start comparing your short term profit/loss picture with swap charges of long term trades, one will definitely face disappointment. If a trader is looking for quick gains they should never go with long terms trades because its a fact that long term trades show their true colours after a good long time..

I think needs to check the pair traded and rollover fee on your broker, too long time hold position will be charged by swap fee, and if the account gets floating more loses it will reduce equity quickly if don't want to charge rollover cost, look for a broker that offers Islamic account, although open position a month or more will never be charged by swap fee.

I think needs to check the pair traded and rollover fee on your broker, too long time hold position will be charged by swap fee, and if the account gets floating more loses it will reduce equity quickly if don't want to charge rollover cost, look for a broker that offers Islamic account, although open position a month or more will never be charged by swap fee.
Swap is important type of transaction costs that you have to take into account when placing and holding trades overnight. An example that merits illustration is buying WTI when it was negative in April. We could expect for sure that price will eventually rise (since it's basic commodity), however many how tried to use this idea in trading burned their fingers as they had to pay swaps which ate gains from price appreciation.

Hello,

since this is my first post, and I very well may be a beginner thing, I decided to post it in the bootcamp.

I'm not really sure what happened so am just looking for clarification.

I have 4 trades open on MT4 for NG, total lot size is 1.13(0.08, 0.55, 0.40, 0.10), the first trade was open on the 26th of september, then 7th of october, 17th of october and 25th of october. At the end of friday the 25th the total of my swap values was around (-)20ish euro... give or take... Now at the start of the Monday session on the 28th my swap jumped to a total of (-)1590 euro. So in the last month, 3 weeks, 2 weeks for the 3 trades the total swap came up to a total of 20ish and then why the jump?

Kind regards,
Whooah
Swaps can add up massively

Carry trade is a trading strategy basically takes benefits from the positive swap in certain trading pairs.

Back