1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swift wire transfer

Discussion in 'Scam Alerts' started by nace vanov, May 19, 2010.

1. nace vanov

nace vanov Recruit

Good day.

My name is Nace Vanov, I am from Republic of Macedonia.The reason why I send this message is to introduce you that I was a victim of internet fraud.
    On August last year I have received message from some '' Chan Michael Wong" from Malaysia if is true, and inform me if I want to cooperate whit him he is ready to transfer me on my account 12.800.000 $ who belong to some Mr Daniel Jones now deceased.This deceased man was requested Chan Wong before he die to search for some one ( he find me through internet) and introduce me that I am next of kin of Daniel Jones funds deposit in private vault in bank in Malaysia.He provide me whit affidavit from High Court in Kuala Lumpur that I am next of kin, but first I must to pay for some stamp duty an tax fees to enable some finance company to start whit transfer legally on my nominated account in Macedonia.They send me account from tax agent approved from Malaysian government to collect money from nonresident citizen, that I have obligation to pay :
    4224 US $ though W. Union to secure some VRSC code ( validation sequent referent code).
    64.000 US $ as obligation to pay for Stamp Duty and tax fees.

I was send him through W.U. 3000 US $ and also 23.000 US $ for Stamp duty and tax. The rest of money Chan Wong was inform me that he will pay on my behalf, and send me copy of payment slip after as proof that he has pay the rest of money.
    When we finished whit this obligation, finance company '' Diplomatic Securities Sdn Bhd, through his executive director Vin Valerio inform me that I must to secure some anti money laundering certificate which is accordance whit some FATF agency, or in contrary to pay 128.000.00 US $ to secure this certificate.
    When I was received this new message I have conclude that all this is fraud and funds not exist.They only ask my money to gain on illegal way.
    I have have received many document from his side, but I believed that is false .
    If you need more explanations please don not hesitate to contact me.

I expect from you help.

Regards, Nace Vanov.

2. MIKE2007

MIKE2007 Recruit

how people can be that naive ???
    gosh

3. john15

john15 Recruit

if this deal had worked out for you,you would have been guilty of,amongst other things fraud (pretending to be someones long lost relative).you must have been aware of that surely?so why are you complaining?your greed got you in this position,serve you right!!!!

4. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

You have been scammed. There is NO money other than what you sent. Stay in touch with the criminals, but send no more money under any circumstances. Contact the authorities in your country immediately.

It's called Advanced Fee Fraud.

Someone contacts you. Claims there's a PILE of money (excuses vary - could be wanting you to "inherit", could be wanting you to help move "legitimate" money, could be you "won" a lottery you never entered) and you just need to provide some info to collect some or all of it.

Then the fees start. There are 2 main methods. Lots of small, but increasing fees vs. one huge fee up front, followed by more fees.

In a particularly nasty version of this, the victim is lured to a 3rd world country with the "final" payment. The victim is conveniently kidnapped at the airport, robbed, beaten, held hostage so that relatives can pay a ransom. After this, the scammers still want that final payment, but it won't be the final payment.

Some people who won't give up the dream have been known to pay more in fees than the original amount promised.

5. RahmanSL

RahmanSL Major

Are people still being scammed by this method??

I received hundreds of similar e-mails, mostly from African countries, back in 2003 onwards. Some were quite ingenious in their claims and presentation, while many were outright stupid and ridiculous.
    The above case is so typical of many run-of-the-mill scam for gullible people.

Guess there will always be one sucker to be found somewhere.