1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDFX is dropping U.S. clients

Discussion in 'General Forex Talk' started by ecafyelims, Jul 6, 2011.

1. ecafyelims

ecafyelims Corporal

Just got this today, I'm angry to lose my broker of over two years. Damn, this sucks.

Any recommendations for a replacement?

2. Matt Miller

Matt Miller Recruit

Yeah I got that today too, god it pisses me off. I'm honestly considering moving to Europe or something, these regulations are getting entirely out of control. If anyone knows of any brokers that we can still use that offer higher leverages and spot metals please let me know.

3. Stephen M Dodd

Stephen M Dodd Recruit

Hey I got the same thing from Tadawul. Pissed me off too. All regulation in the states is likely to do is drive up spreads as broker loose competition.

BUT I was casting about for a new broker. I got in a chat with Vantage. They are Aussie. He ended up calling me. The guy was Damien or some such. He said he was speaking with their account managers and thought they might still be able to take me on. I am not sure how that would work but I'm interested. They have many American clients and don't seem interested in dropping them.

They loo pretty good on paper and have lots of banners on Forexpeacearmy. Sometimes they are below 1 pip on EURUSD for example.

I hope lost of post continue on this subject here if you guys have suggestions on new brokers too.

4. Stephen M Dodd

Stephen M Dodd Recruit

Oh, I also got Demo account with 1PipFix.com as I have a course going on and have to have an account after loosing Tadawul. They are showing 1-2 pips and no market spread requirements for stops and take profits. I read some stuff on this site about them that make me concerned that they may not actually use that in their live accounts. But I'm trying them as their rates on the Demo are low.

5. Matt Miller

Matt Miller Recruit

Stephen,

Please let me know how this works out, I would love to keep higher leverages and the ability to trade metals. I'm just using my old Forex.com account because its already open and I don't have to hassle with opening a new one, but if I can avoid trading with american brokers I will at any cost.

I'm going to get in contact with them myself, hopefully they can be our savior in this horrible tragedy. Thanks for the tip.

6. Matt Miller

Matt Miller Recruit

I talked to some live chat guy named Matthew for Vantage and he said the minimum deposit would have to be 50k and we would need to have a net worth of over $1,000,000 to open an account there as US citizens.. That counts me out.

7. ecafyelims

ecafyelims Corporal

I've been hearing the same from other foreign brokers. I find it funny how millionaires are specifically exempt from the law.

8. Boko Maru

Boko Maru Sergeant

Hey brah...might try these guys SmartTradeFX - Online Forex Trading. Currency trading..

They accept US clients, 200:1 leverage I think, lots of good FPA reviews, etc. But they aren't regulated and I've not traded with them myself. Know a few people who have though and they are happy...

9. Matt Miller

Matt Miller Recruit

Youre the man!!!!

10. Matt Miller

Matt Miller Recruit

Honestly I've come to accept it, no matter what we do as retail investors we will continue to be **** on and looked at like parasites by the rich and the banks.