Test Drive Winsor's 5 Expert Advisors in Real Time

Jasmine is attempting to break the +5,000 pips barrier!

September 13, 2010 Update

I just came from San Francisco, and my meetings went great. The room of the Warwick hotel is rather small but the bed and the pillows were splendid. I have stayed at the Hyatt, Hilton, Sheraton, and the Westin but never before had I experienced such soft and comfortable pillows. I actually took off the pillow cover to identify the brand of pillow so that I can purchase the same type of pillow for myself.

My plane landed in Vancouver 30 minutes late, and I am a bit jet lag. I am going to perform a quick update, shower, and then off to bed. Jasmine performed a small give back to the market and then took a good profit run on the EURUSD upswing. Jasmine is attempting to break the +5,000 pips profit mark. It is currently floating with 780 pips profit!!! See attached chart.

Jasminesept13.png

Leah Broke the $3,500 Barrier (mini lot trading 1 pip = $1)

September 14, 2010 Update

It has been quite exciting for Jasmine’ performance in the last few days, and we almost forgot Leah trading system. Leah is our second trading system that broke the 3,500 pips barrier this year. In 2009, Leah broke even after 10 months of trading. Previously, I had Leah as a conservative trading system with a maximum of only one open trade. It seems that conservative forex is an oxymoron. I then eased Leah’s restriction to a maximum of six open trades, and it responded quite positively.

Many have asked as to why I still keep my trading lot size at 0.1 after 3,500 pips profit. Why didn’t I increase my lot size to compound my winnings? It is simple. Compound trading lot will increase the winning but also amplify the losing. Risk and reward go together and I am only targeting 35% ROI per year.

leahsept14.png

September Mid-Month Performance Review

September Mid-Month Performance Review

September 15, 2010 Update

Since May 21 to September 15, 2010, our five forex expert advisors have been performing quite well without compounding our trading lot size.

Haley +507 pips, 254 trades
Jasmine +4,525 pips, 352 trades
Leah + 3,601 pips, 308 trades
Mellisa -1,900 pips, 240 trades
Sienna -870 pips, 469 trades

If you haven’t installed our five expert advisors, the installation takes 30 seconds.

http://www.ctsforex.com/trial_install/CTSFOREX_dot_COM.zip

1) Download the zip file onto your desktop
2) Unzip the file and follow the README text file.

Have fun trading manually as I am off to bed.

Social Networking for CTSForex

September 16, 2010 Update

It took some efforts and CTSForex is now on Facebook, Twitter, & Blog. That reminds me that I have to spend a lot more efforts on the ctsforex blog.

Managed Forex Accounts www.ctsforex.com | Facebook
winsor hoang (ctsforex) on Twitter
Managed Forex Accounts Blog of CTSForex.com

Below is a summary for the new followers of my five automated Forex trading systems.

1. Haley trades GBPUSD, maximum 6 open trades, maximum stop loss 120 pips, maximum take profit 280 pips

2. Jasmine trades EURUSD, maximum 6 open trades, maximum stop loss 100 pips, maximum take profit 260 pips

3. Leah trades EURUSD, maximum 7 open trades, maximum stop loss 100 pips, maximum take profit 240 pips

4. Mellisa trades USDCHF, maximum 10 open trades, maximum stop loss 120 pips, maximum take profit 260 pips

5. Sienna trades EURUSD, maximum 8 open trades, maximum stop loss 120 pips, maximum take profit 280 pips

A Mexican Standoff or Another Dud?

September 19, 2010 Update

Jasmine’s account started with $10,000 on May 21, 2010, trading mini lot (1pip = $1) and after more than 350 trades the account total is currently at $14,207 (i.e. 4,200 pips profit). Yes, we can increase the trading lot to 1 pip = $2 or more; however, it will be difficult to keep track of the pip counts. Risk and reward go hand-in-hand, if we were trading 1 pip = $10, we could have made $40,200; however, we could also loose as much. For those that like compounding the winning, we could have made a million dollars but there is no guarantee that it is sustainable. It is better to have steady gain than unsustainable volatile gain.

So far, we had 4 Mexican Standoffs and they all ended quietly without any major incidents to write about. Presently we have another Mexican Standoff in the Jasmine’s account with 3 sell trades and 3 buy trades. Are we going to see some real action or is this another dud? Stay tune for tomorrow update for Jasmine’s managed Forex account.

jasminesept19.png

Does Majority Rule Work in Forex Trading?

September 20, 2010 Update

Image that you are a large fund manager trading the EURUSD. You have six analysts working for you, and you ask them whether to buy or sell the EURUSD within the next few minutes. Does it increase your confidence if they were all bullish or bearish?

In reality, you don’t want all six of your analysts to concur with each other. It is their autonomous and diversity of opinions that it is going to help you. This is the reason why each of our trading systems contains six or more independent trading subsystems. It does not matter which subsystem is long or short. The keys are the stop loss (risk) and the take profit (reward). As long as our risk to reward is greater than 2, in the long run we will come out on top. See attached a picture of Leah’s trading account. Currently, we have six open trades: two sell trades and two open trades with a floating profit of 53 pips.

leahsept20.png

We Racked in with the EURUSD Moving Up 200 pips

September 21, 2010 Update

With today FOMC announcement on maintaining the benchmark interest rate at 0.25% with cautious outlook on the US economy, the EURUSD shot up 200 pips. Yes, the economy is at a depressed level, and the household spending is slow. Your average high school kids or your spouse could have told you that, but it takes Uncle Ben to concur for the market to undulate.

I love news not because I am a fundamentalist or a news trader. I want lots of news everyday to create volatilities in the market. The nice thing is that my five expert advisors take care of the trading, and I just need to check on my five expert advisors.

Quick update on Leah, our subsystem 4 got in at the bottom of the EURUSD with a stop loss of 100 pips and a take profit of 240 pips. Currently, it is floating with 226 pip profit. See attached chart for Leah's account.

Leahsept21.png

Speculators Love Uncle Ben

September 22, 2010 Update

I hope that none of you were bullish on the dollar before Uncle Ben spoke. Gold hits an all time high of $1,295. The dollar index is trading at a six-month low due to speculators and the EURUSD has rallied to a new five-month high. If your stop losses were not in place, you should be feeling the pain just about now.

I know that Jasmine (+4,528 pip) and Leah (+3,665 pips) automated trading systems have been performing phenomenon lately. Let’s not get carried away and jump immediately on the band wagon just yet. Like any athletes, there are hot and cold streaks. Let’s wait for the two systems to give some back some to the market before turning them live onto your accounts.

Attached is the record for the last three trades of Leah. All three trades hit their take profit of 240 pips. This is 720 pips profit in one day, but you will need to minus several trades that got stop out earlier. See attached chart.

Leahsept22.png

Forex Trading Can More Difficult than Stock Trading!

September 23, 2010 Update

All the forex gurus claim that Forex trading is easy. In the stock market, you have thousands of companies; whereas, in Forex trading you only need to follow the 4 major currency pairs. This is a phony claim as you can focus on one or two companies to perform your day trading. It is true that Forex has the highest leverage investment; however, leverage is a double edged sword. You can win more but you can also lose more. You can think of leverage as an amplifier. All the positive results are amplified and so are the negative.

Actually, I found that Forex trading is more difficult because it short trending cycle. In stock trading, the uptrend can last several years; whereas, a currency trend is too ephemeral. It is quite difficult to switch your hat from a bullish mindset to a bearish mindset in a matter of hours. With stock trading, there is some down time to pounder and regroup; whereas, in currency trading you are in it until you have closed all your positions.

Attached is the screen capture of Haley’s account. At one point, Haley was up to +2,000 pips profit, and presently it is only up with +647 pips profit. Haley is floating with 188 pips profit and six open trades.

HaleySept23.png

Breaking the +5,000 pips Profit Milestone for Jasmine

September 24, 2010 Update

Today, the S&P 500 recovered from a three-day slump with its biggest rally in four weeks, and gold hit $1,300/oz. I remember watching an analyst last year who predicted gold hitting $1,500 early this year. That is the thing with fundamental trading, they can predict the price and trend but the time frame is in the left field somewhere. Fundamental trading is great for position trading, but it is a bit too long for my taste. Scalping is too exciting and day trading is to time consuming. That is why I like swing trading and have created my trading systems based on swing methodology. I hope that you find a trading system that fits your personality, whether it is manual or automated trading.

Jasmine is on a rampage lately and is threatening to break the +5,000 pips profit milestone. It is currently holding five open trades with floating profit ranging from 64 pips to 169 pips. As always, all of its trades have a maximum stop loss of 100 pips and a maximum take profit of 260 pips. Jasmine has 587 pips of floating profits, see attached chart.

JasmineSept24.png

Back