The Cool Red Line

Jaack

Private
In MT4 how do I get the red line back on a chart? Also if someone could tell me what that line is called that'd be pretty cool too.

The line I'm speaking about is the one that is on the EUR/USD and another chart by default when you first install the program.

Thanks!

Chart Properties

In MT4 how do I get the red line back on a chart? Also if someone could tell me what that line is called that'd be pretty cool too.

The line I'm speaking about is the one that is on the EUR/USD and another chart by default when you first install the program.

Thanks!

If it's what I think, it is the horizontal Ask Line perhaps (if not then give more details).

To add it, Click on F8, click the Common tab and tick the 'Show Ask Line' option. You can set the color of that feature on the Colors tab.

Cheers,
Cyclon

Cyclon,

Thanks for the reply.

The line I'm speaking of curves to show what I assume are averages for the deviations. It's on by default when you first install MT4. I accidentally closed my EUR/USD chart and when I reopened it the red line was gone.

It's like the red line on the "Momentum" template that is on the graph but without the three sub information boxes underneath.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Sure thing

Sorry I couldn't be of help. Not familiar with that one.

I was always wanting to get my Profile and templates loaded anytime setting up a new installation so didn't spend much time looking at defaults.

Speaking of that did you try the 'Default' profile?

Cheers,
Cyclon

The red line in this image.

1MT4%20chart.jpg

It just looks like a moving avrerage to me try a simple MA with avalue of 8 or 13and see if it corresponds to what you wanted.

Back