• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

The Forex Magic Machine

Magic Machine support (or the lack of)

I bought a copy of the Platinum version but if failed to install for me. I emailed support for help but after nearly 48 hours have heard nothing back. This would support the FPA scam conclusion. Did anyone have any success with Magic Machine customer support?

I'm on my way to update my current analysis of this EA at Forex Magic Machine - Performance review...

Has Magic Machine changed or is the scam conclusion wrong?

Magic Machine was withdrawn from sale for a while - "SOLD OUT" - and then came back on the market. I bought mine after it came back on sale. Either, this is a different EA from the one they originally sold, or else there is a problem with the 4xproject backtests. The parameters that I can set are quite different from those on the 4xproject backtest:

My backtest (EA name: Magic Machine V2) has parameters
Trade_Mode=0; Lots=1; Risk_Management=false; Risk_Percent=20; Stop_Loss=120; Take_Profit=15; Trailing_Stop=15; Min_Lots=0.1; Max_Lots=100;
whereas the 4xproject backtest (EA name: Magic Machine) has parameters
Lots=0.1; PercentOrder1=80; PercentOrder2=20; RiskMM=true; RiskPercent=20; MinLots=0.01; MaxLots=100; PipsDistance=15; StopLoss=120; TakeProfit=15; TrailingStop=15; MaxOrders=100; Slippage=3;

For me, this does cast some doubt on the scam conclusion, though I have no reason to doubt 4xproject and it may well be that the original EA was withdrawn and replaced with a different one.

Does anyone know if the Magic Machine on sale now is different from the one originally sold?

Last edited:
I have compared the manuals that I received with my purchase with the manuals posted earlier in this thread. The first 16 pages cover installation and seem to identical, but the settings pages are different.

Magic Machine V2 which is being sold now is a different robot, in both Standard and Platinum version. I guess that these are also R.I.P.O.F.F. (ie someone else's) technology.

It could be a completely different robot. These people do seem to have a history of reverse engineering other peoples work and reselling it as their own, and as long as people buy them they will probably never stop.

They could also have gone into the code and simply renamed some of the parameters, and otherwise disguised them so they dont look the same.

Regardless this is not an honest company, the intention to steal and exploit other peoples work is there. Many conections to other pirated robots has been made and proven to come from the same address.

Unfortunately these kind of thieves will only get smarter, and buying this kind of product on the internet will only get more difficult. Best to stick with the retailers that you know to be reputable, and wait for futher evidence before purchasing new EA's.

In the meantime these people deserve to be ferreted out and exposed at every turn.

After originally returning this EA for the obvious reasons, I managed to pick up anouther copy for free, as a bonus for trying the IvyBot, which I also returned.

The new one is the updated version V2, which supposedly is not exactly the same, regardless it backtested well and the forward test is going well also.

So far I'm very impressed with the way this EA trades. It places pending breakout orders above or below recent swings or consolidations. These are easy to copy on to a live account, and easy to cancel if they dont trigger.

I'm running it on moderate setting with a 10% position across several pairs. It can and does place multiple orders on each pair, sometimes bracketing a consolidation, sometimes stringing multiple orders above or below a support point. It does take large losses and small gains, but has been quite profitable, its a little too soon to make any great claims though.

Just wanted to put this out here. This is one of the better EA's I've tested, and its enjoyable to watch run, and easy to copy manualy.

Sorry to start my posts in the forum with a question, but this ea is what brought me here in the first place. Does anyone have any updates on this ea?
Is it profitable over the long run?
Any settings that needs to be changed?
Basically any info on the ea would be appreciated!
Thanks
Btw- you can now download the ea for free, pm and I'll give you the link!

I dont believe Magic Machine is available for sale anymore. The original was a copy of the vforce-like-ea, available for free on the Trading System Forex - Powered by vBulletin site with a set file to emulate the original Magic Machine settings, but the updated version Magic Machine V2 is quite different.

I dont know what the actual changes are, but I have been running V2 successfully across 6 pairs, two settings a piece, 12 windows, although it did just take a series of losses on me. The biggest complaint I have is the size of the risk compared to the size of the gain.
For this reason I run it on a very small lot size, and copy any trades I really like as my own. This is fairly easy to do with this version as it paces all trades in advance as pending orders.

I dont know what version you are running, but if your looking for feedback and settings for the original or the vforce, Funyoo's site tradingsystemforex would be the best place to ask. You'll find more programers and knowledgable people there.

I dont believe Magic Machine is available for sale anymore. The original was a copy of the vforce-like-ea, available for free on the Trading System Forex - Powered by vBulletin site with a set file to emulate the original Magic Machine settings, but the updated version Magic Machine V2 is quite different.

I dont know what the actual changes are, but I have been running V2 successfully across 6 pairs, two settings a piece, 12 windows, although it did just take a series of losses on me. The biggest complaint I have is the size of the risk compared to the size of the gain.
For this reason I run it on a very small lot size, and copy any trades I really like as my own. This is fairly easy to do with this version as it paces all trades in advance as pending orders.

I dont know what version you are running, but if your looking for feedback and settings for the original or the vforce, Funyoo's site tradingsystemforex would be the best place to ask. You'll find more programers and knowledgable people there.

Thank you, I'm not dead sure, but I think I'm using the 1 similiar to vforce. But it's doing really well on demo using small lots too!
I'm off to Funyoo's site right now, thanx again for the advice!

Back