• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem The Forex Project / Luis Rivas

I am having an issue with a company
Status
Not open for further replies.

satellite101w

Recruit
I'd like to submit a claim against 'The Forex Project' run by Luis Rivas. Luis has scammed millions from investors and is on the run. He has an involuntary bankruptcy hearing on Friday June 6, 2008 in Chattanooga. We suspect he will be a no show. The Forex Project was billed as legit and he had people lined up waiting to invest, promising 5% monthly returns. He even had arrangements with Equity Trust in Ohio to get access to people's self directed IRA's (my situation). He also used InterbankFX for his trading platform. He has been reported to all authorities (turns out he is a convicted felon with previous history of securities fraud). What is the best way to proceed from this point? Any help is greatly appreciated!!! There are hundreds of us involved.

Me Too

I never got the first check. Out 50 k. Have you gotten any replys that helped? Don't know if we should contact current law suites to see if we can join them or at least contact the FBI so that they know we exist so we can be considered in any bankrupt procedings. There is an article at 5/23/2008 - Ooltewah Man Who Promised Immense Wealth Is Forced Into Bankruptcy - Breaking News - Chattanoogan.com that tells who the judge is that is hearing the case. Thats all I got for now. Please reply if you have any info. bherberts@bellsouth.net

If it's in the court system, their finding of SCAM will carry more weight than one from us.

Definitely leave a review and consider opening a scam ticket.

Luis H. Revis (The Forex Project)

Update

There is a new post from the Better Business Bureau.

News Archive

The Forex Project – Luis H. Revis
5/30/2008

The Better Business Bureau is receiving numerous inquiries regarding a business operating under The Forex Project and Luis H. Revis. The Chattanoogan.com reported on May 23, 2008 that an involuntary Chapter 7 bankruptcy case had been filed against Mr. Revis and his Forex Project.

The BBB advises anyone who may have invested in the Forex Project to contact their attorney for advice on what action they may need to take in an effort to recover their money. The investor is also advised to provide their name and information to FBI agent Jim Lannamann at 864-948-1497.

The Forex Project invested in foreign currency exchange trading. This type investment is a high risk model of trading opportunities. The Better Business Bureau offers the following warning signs of fraud to those who are considering foreign investment opportunities also know as forex trading.

"Too Good To Be True" claims. Quick and high interest returns on an investment is a red flag.
Offers that predicts or guarantees lafge profits.
Offers that promise little or no risk.
Pressure to invest funds that you cannot afford to lose.
Pressure to use home equity funds is an example.
Unwillingness to provide a performance record.
Relunctance to provide credentials or background information.
Jim Winsett, President of the BBB serving Southeast Tennessee and Northwest Georgia advises that prior to purchasing a forex investment, check whether the company is registered with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, (U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission) or is a member of the National Futures Association (www.nfa.org). You may contact the BBB at 423-266-0396.

Privacy PolicyTrademarksTerms of Use © 2008 Council of Better Business Bureaus Better Business Bureau of Chattanooga, TN.

PLEASE NOTICE THE TWO PHONE NUMBERS, ESPECIALLY THE FBI AGENT TO CONTACT.

The judge did label Luis Rivas and The Forex Project as a Ponzi Scheme. It's official. For more updates, etc...visit TFP1.freeforums.org

And it appears that Luis Rivas has run off with money belonging to investors. Faced with this, there is no other possible conclusion than an Official Scam Confirmation...
https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...lved-cases/2382-forex-project-luis-rivas.html

One of our investigators also found an article discussing how Luis Rivas promised money to help foster parents buy new homes and then broke those promises. He is not just a criminal scammer, but also an individual truly worthy of contempt.
5/29/2008 - Dreams Dashed For Foster Parents Promised New Homes - Breaking News - Chattanoogan.com

We encourage his victims to provide all available information to law enforcement authorities and courts so that Luis Rivas may be hunted down and be brought to justice. We further encourage the victims to share their stories so that others may avoid falling for similar scams in the future.

People should really get more imaginative when naming forex items. That's 2 recent scams where there's another innocent company with a similar name.

I hope they find this Rivas guy and let him spend a long time in a very tiny dark cell full of hungry rats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back