The Insider Code

My problem started from the very beginning of purchasing The Insider Code. Although I finished the whole material a little late than his time frame. From the time when I called ETR customer service to ask for a return authorization # the crisis began which really makes me not to believe in anything. I don't know what to call those people, but never seen customer service like this. Its talking to long for answer to my email(s). When I call there is always no one higher than the person taking the call.

Looking at my previous threads, it is getting close to a 1 year anniversary since I requested a return authorization # to return the product. The strange thing in our society is like in my case they throw me back n fourth between(ETR customer service, Insider Code customer service and Mac X). Each group always have excuses, this way they are loosing my time and making it more difficult.

I see subtle hints are not working.

Eduard, STOP creating new threads every time you post about the same issue. Just use the reply button inside this thread. There is no reason to start a brand new thread about the same subject every time you feel like posting about it. If another person has their own problem with the Insider Code, that person can either add to your thread or start a new one.

There are 2 types of posts that waste a lot of my time. The first is posts that belong in an existing thread - like the many times you started new threads about this issue. The second is people doing the opposite - bringing up something totally unrelated inside an existing thread - like I'm doing now.
;)

In both cases, I have to spend time moving things around to keep the forums organized.

Do you think if there are more people like me and you that have been affected from the CODE to get together so we can fight with ETR and Mac X?

To make it more clear I have a big suprise for everybody who has suffered from Mac X. I have emailed them, I still don't have an answer from the TEACHER. The ticket is still open since April- BELIEVE ME. Were paying crazy money for computers, high speed internet, do you think this is customer service in the 21st century.

Just to make a point 1 month is NOT a reasonable time and Mac X as a PROFESSIONAL TRADER should be embarrassed of himself to make such an offer.

If you subscribe to any investment research papers for 1 year they give up to 6 months to examine their product and return it for a full refund, for a $200 and less. That is just to compare the 1 month from Mac X

Just came across something Forex related from Mr. Jack Crooks. Compared to The Insider Code there is a huge difference. You don't have to learn anything if you don't want to, and on the top of that he tells you what to do word by word. He offers 60 days full test drive even after you are still covered. Looks like a honest deal opposed to Mac X tricky deal.
Tell me more about Jack Crooks and The Soveriegn Society. Seems like he and his son can talk a good line --- but is there anything to it??? Seems like a pretty expensive package. Has anyone had experience with it??

Well I can't speak to the current fight with ETR. In the reviews section I believe still exists my first reviews of Insider Code (from the forexbastard.com days). I believe the layers of red tape and BS that ETR and their related companies put up is very effective at keeping people from getting any quality service. The people at Insider Code will answer you courteously and promptly if you can get directly to them.

Once I could finally get thru the ETR red tape, the people at helpme@theinsidercode were friendly, prompt and very helpful once I could get thru to them. Insider Code's system ignores all email addresses other than the one that is registered with the purchase. So if you are not writing to them from the same email that was registered with the purchase, they will not answer you because they do not even see your emails.

I believe they will politely say "no" to your refund request if it is over 30 days. Granted, I was not looking for a refund, read the situation in the old reviews.

But I too found the 10 discs to be VERY difficult to get thru in a 30-day period. And I too have "never" seen Mac X trading. I can't find anything in the promo materials that was an out-and-out lie, but boy do they make it sing and dance compared to what you really get!

As to the eBay thing, I bought my set on eBay. I think I won the auction for about $465, in mid-2007. The seller was very helpful in getting the membership logon to the website transferred to me (which simply required him to logon and request the registered email address to be changed from his to mine, that is how I know about the email address thing). Once I got thru the discs a few times, found that I can watch the videos in the members-only room on the site anyway, I sold my set of just the discs on eBay. I recall getting something like $565 for them, with the full disclosure that it would be the discs only, not the membership logon. In fact, if you do not want anything more to do with Mac X, you could offer them WITH your promise to do your best to also transfer the membership logon.

I get Mac's regular emails several times a week, and for over a year I have been just filing them in a separate folder very rarely even looking at them. Many offer more "stuff" for sale, which I tend to take a dim view of, but I think Mac believes he is giving the value for what he sells. After several months of trying to learn how to take any trades from the Insider Code, I finally just set it aside, and went looking for something else.

That's been over a year, and I have paid no attention to Mac X in all that time. Until I happened to read one of the regualer emails here a month or so ago that talked about the Forex Deal Butler. I did get the demo of the Forex Deal Butler, and in fact am still in the 30-day trial now.

The only thing I wish it would do is take the trades for you. You have to open them manually when it signals you, and then the EA will take over and manage the exits. To be fair, Mac says the reason for that is because he has always believed that trading requires trader's attention, and just because a computer can watch multiple time frames for trends and breakouts and reversals, that does not mean you should stop using your brain or paying attention to your trading.

It also is at least fully disclosed before you sign up for the trial that it will be a $2000 purchase for the permanent license if you wish to keep the Deal Butler after the trial. But one thing I do think is way cool, if your card declines the first ~$700 instalment, it will automatically revert to a ~$200 instalment, which puts it within reach for a lot more traders.

And just as he discloses in the video for Butler, it does take more losers than winners. But the average winner is substantially greater than the average loser.

In fact, using the Butler is the first actual insight I have been able to get as to how Mac's trading style actually works. If he trades live like the Butler trades, and then if some videos of some of his full actual trading sessions had been included in the original material, I think the average newb could actually learn his trading style. Nothing in the original 10 discs gave me any clue . . .

If you are stuck with the original course, and you'd like to at least get an idea of how he trades, try the 30-day trial of the Butler. Use it and watch it for at least one full trading session each day for the 30-day period. For $5 you might be able to actually learn what was too hard to get out of the $2000 course.

Even for a year when I had written Mac X off though, I still had to give him props for one thing. If he hadn't been advertising his course thru ETR, I would never have heard of forex. To this day, I have never seen or heard of it thru any other media other than places I went after I knew about it.

Sorry to ramble, hopefully you or others can find at least something useful here - -

Jeff

Last edited:
Insider Code was the first Forex program I purchased 3 years ago. At the time I found it very difficult to understand or work out his trading style. After 3 years of learning to trade I have recently returned to reviewing the 10 CDs and I have to say my opinion has changed dramatically. Mac X trades with no indicators (a refreshing change) and is all about learning how the Support & Resistance levels affect the market. He does not attempt to predict the market direction as do most other programs and systems. I completely agree with Mac that it is far better to wait for the market to make its move and then jump on for the ride.
I think his program seems very simplistic at first and yet difficult to trade for the beginner because the patterns he teaches are not obvious to the beginner and especially not obvious as the market unfolds in real time. I think the Insider Code is more an advanced program for traders who have had a good deal of experience. His use of multiple time frames is spot on and very powerful and once the consolidation pattern forms around a support or resistance level, his entry techniques are again very high probability.
I don't know why he talks about 50% success rate because if the course is traded as it is taught then entries are more like 80% successful and I'm not sure why he takes 80% off the table so quickly when I believe that other exit techniques are far more effective using pure price action trading (no indicators) and much higher profits can be made.
His coverage of the "Sneak attack" retracement during a trending market is excellent and his use of Fibonacci Extensions to highlight turning points is also excellent but again it made little sense to me 3 years ago but I find it extremely powerful knowledge today.
I think the problem is that everyone wants a black box set of rules to follow so they don't have to actually learn how to trade with an understanding of support/resistance, volume and order flow and how the market forces between buyers and sellers affect the movement of the market. I haven't yet seen a set of hard and fast rules using indicators that can consistently make money in the forex market under all market conditions. Insider Code principles are very sound in my opinion and the one thing they require is patience, a quality not possessed by most forex beginners who want to make 1 million in their first year without having to learn anything. That is why everyone wants to automate their system so they don't actually have to work as a trader. The greatest challenge for any trader is dealing with the uncertainty of the market and it is this psychological barrier that stops 95% of people from being successful traders. We all want to see the patterns and trade repeatable patterns because we are taught to seek out certainty and security in our lives but the forex market is the last place you would look for a predictable pattern. Sure you can see the patterns on historical data but can you see a pattern on the next 1 hour candle? Insider Code teaches you how to identify tradeable patterns as they are developing in real time by identifying tunnel patterns, flag, pennant etc and then an effective entry confirmation using the little dipper. What he doesn't cover very well is the exit and I think that is more important than the entry.

Do not fall into this kind of trap. Their ad say "How the pros trade" but I can tell you that they have absolutely no idea about "How the pros trade".

More than 95% of traders (including them) don't know how to trade. So they will never make (and keep) any serious money.

Back