1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Reason Why Traders Lose?

Discussion in 'Beginners Bootcamp' started by Shevvy, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Quinuiacl12

Quinuiacl12 Recruit

I have seen many times that new traders don’t stick with their strategy. Forex market is very volatilities and it seems that there are many trading opportunities, but actually there are not, as market moves swiftly revert back to initial stage. So, don’t get tempted, just sit and wait for your signal

2. matthewjones1985

Very good points there Shevvy. I would like to add that risk/reward ratio is also key. Like you said, there isn't one strategy that works, but I prefer to set a TP double my SL and I don't risk more than 2.5%.

3. Etedus12

Etedus12 Corporal

I also cannot specify or give any reasons for that. Everyone is not saint or lucky that much and will loose at some point for sure. How do you really go about that ? Isn't that hard to find and understand ? All those rules of why we loose seems do not exists.

4. bigdolly

bigdolly Sergeant Major

Traders lose because of lack of discipline and patience, it is a well-known fact. They start to open big positions with high leverage and volatility swings basically push them out of the market quickly. You can even try to bet with opposite positions, without risk control you will also lose because of volatility. I've adjusted my leverage at Hotforex at 1:50 to avoid such situations.

5. Kokomaster

Kokomaster Private, 1st Class

Some feel lucky while trading others are disappointed because as they place order they are unable to match market , face loss again ans again. That is why people say forex is highly risky business. Once you face loss, find out the reasons so that you must not repeat mistakes.