The Skrill agree to pay up to $10,000.00 to settle $40.00 debt.

Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. (FDCPA)

Maybe you are unclear on the current relationship between me an Skrill Pharoh. I was their customer and during that relationship they had opportunity to refund to me my money by any reasonable way. They did not do that and freeze my account based on a false accusations which is a breach of contract.

So what happens with money?

Because Skrill is invoking USA banking regulations as their defenses they have opened the door for a legal proceedings in the USA.

At this point the Skrill owns me money which is a collectable DEBT and I can hire a collection agency to get it for me or under the law I can act as my own collector and they are responsible for a cost of collection.

So currently our relationship changed, to the Skrill being the DEBTOR and I being the DEBT COLLECTOR, as defined by the USA Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. (FDCPA)

Since I am a DEPT COLECTOR pursuant to FDCPA, I must show to the court that I have reasonably attempted to collect the dept within the FDCPA statutory provisions which allows me to use a reasonable force, a penalty and interest, to force the SKrill to comply with my collection efforts and that takes time.

Each time I sent a notice I must give Skrill 30 days to response so I do estimate about 1 year or so before it gets to the court.

Under the California law I have 4 years to collect the debt which arisen from a breach of contract.

I addition to the federal FDCPA I can file under the CA Codes (civ:1788-1788.3) known as the Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (RFDCPA) or both.

It is up to Skrill to get me $40 or $37.36 to be exsact

If it would be me, I would write a check payable to Stanislav and send it to a address on the file..... So?:rolleyes:

Very interesting case. Actually it is high time to teach payment processors like skrill and paypal, because sometimes acting in their "sole discretion" utterly disregard interests of their clients. Especially paypal

Skrill already stated that they were not licensed in Illinois, but are licensed in the other 49 states.

As for fees and late charges, I believe those are set by TOS or by courts. I don't think that consumers can just make up their own.

I wonder if a court there will take the case based solely on a credit card from a California bank. It would seem to me that either a Czech court or the FOS could be more logical places to pursue your claim.

If you really intend to sue them under California jurisdiction, why are you waiting? If you do, please post updates here. I'm ready to start making the popcorn.

I invoke sharezys rights on the popcorn!

Very interesting case. Actually it is high time to teach payment processors like skrill and paypal, because sometimes acting in their "sole discretion" utterly disregard interests of their clients. Especially paypal

While it seems right to act militantly, these money transfer providers have to answer to regulators and therefore have to have rules to live by. Which is better learn their rules & use them accordingly or try & make them adjust to our whims?
Remember the golden rule " He who has the gold makes the rules"!

While it seems right to act militantly, these money transfer providers have to answer to regulators and therefore have to have rules to live by. Which is better learn their rules & use them accordingly or try & make them adjust to our whims?
Remember the golden rule " He who has the gold makes the rules"!

When you exhaust all remedies available for civilized settlement you must sue.
Interestingly, these regulations always apply if you want money out!
Right now I can send money from both debit cards to Skrill with no problem.

So they are obviously a fraud!
But you will never know until it will happen to you.

Dear Stanislav,

Your comments have been duly noted and information has been added to the case of future reference.

As our internal complaints handling procedure has been exhausted, we are now closing our files on this case.

As you can see they are telling me to get lost!
Is that civilized?

When you exhaust all remedies available for civilized settlement you must sue.
Interestingly, these regulations always apply if you want money out!
Right now I can send money from both debit cards to Skrill with no problem.

So they are obviously a fraud!
But you will never know until it will happen to you.

The cost of all transactions need be weighed out, especially the toll it takes on one's self. In this case to get less than $40 back or to translate it, were I live about a case of beer (24), is not worth the aggravation. I can stop drinking and save more than that. If you were left with no way of getting any money out maybe that could be a consideration. All they are telling you is that you can not get it that way. So...... if you want the money use what they suggest. An american judge could very easily side with them as you are not prevented getting your money just not the way you want & assign you legal costs in which case you are a bigger loser.

You can take your best shot & spend all the time stewing about it or move on.

You can do more than send collection notices every 30 days (and I question if 40% interest is legal under US law - too many companies would use that to abuse consumers). You can contact the FOS and seek to go after them under Czech republic rules now.

Pharaoh, why start making popcorn??? I believe FPA is here to help the community fight against any form of scam related primarily to forex business. So I would like to ask FPA to not deviate from its devotion.
Also, i totally agree with Stevesmain that the Title of this topic is totally misleading. It is exactly that title that draw my curiosity. I would like to suggest to FPA to look into this and to not accept any misleading topic.
Also, my advice to merlin4x, that even if somebody said something that he/she does not like, it is not good to be using abusive/insulting word here. Everybody is free to have its opinion in a matter. If you want $10,000 in place of $40, go and fight for it and get it.
This subject does not have anything to do with forex scam.

If a withdrawal of my funds from the FX broker has noting to do with FX what does?

Obviously you are not trading -- Lanzo. You are a second person here who made such unintelligent observation.

There is nothing misleading about the title!

I have clearly stated that Smal Clams Court in the California has a jurisdiction to award me a judgement up to $10,000 and in California any award is not directly proportional to $40.

So were are you mislead?

Which part of this action is unclear to you?

Where did I used abusive/insulting word?.... and if I did are you an adult or a child?

I believe that you have some sort of agenda here, other than FX trading and transfer of the funds from a trading account to a bank account.

Are you working for Skrill?

Since I have up to 4 years to execute this action I will do that in a time of my choosing.

The time is on my side!

You are all correct, the $40 is nothing compare to how much is Skrill is losing because of their unfair behavior.

If the Skrill believes to positive advertising it must believe in the negative one too.

That is a part of the enforcement.

FYI, I am using other forums to publish my case ocsatire.com/moneybookers/gouged.shtml

Back