The Skrill agree to pay up to $10,000.00 to settle $40.00 debt.

Hello merlin4x

I just love the humorous feeling one gets from reading and partaking in these discussion threads at the forum, I'd love to open a big bag of pop-corn and wish you luck also, but first I'd like to know if you are going to seek "legal aid" if possible, in the event you lose your case if pursuing it through the courts, and if "legal aid" or any other name it might come under in your case, is not an option do you know what if any costs you might be expected to incur if it goes against yourself.

Good luck
Liz

Skrill blinked

So merlin4x, did you already mail a formal collection notice? If so, was that the first one?

Butter, salt, and cheese are all available on request. :D

Well folks I must disappoint you because the show is over.
The Skrill unfroze the account and I was able to move all of my funds from the account and account have been closed as I requested.
Remember that the most powerful element in any litigation are threatening letters between the lawyers.:cool:

The Skrill is a classical East-European entity which is not ready to do business in a civilized western world because it believes in totalitarian predatory relationship between them an their clients disregarding any fairness and trust.

Since Merlin4x seems to have his own plan that requires little, if any assistance, I'm getting the popcorn ready so everyone can sit back and watch.

Quite wrong. By entering into a contract, both parties only agree that they have the right to sue the hell out of each other if/when either or both of them feels there has been a breach. This does not mean that they specifically agree that they are agreeing to pay the maximum possible amount when there hasn't even been a case filed.

By your logic, the fact that you could sue them for an unlimited amount means that your subject line should say "an unlimited amount" instead of "up to $10,000"

Further, if Skrill decided that some of what you have written might be libelous, and the jurisdiction where Skrill was contemplating suing you allowed for maximum damages of $1 million, the very fact that they have the potential to sue you (not even filed yet) mean that they could issue a press release where the title like "merlin4x agrees to pay Skrill up to $1 million over libelous statements"? I think not. If they did sue and won, I don't even think you would consider any payment of damages you made to be by your agreement.

A far more accurate title for this thread would be something like "Skrill faces potential damages of $10,000 over a $37.36 withdrawal."

I'm still puzzled why you would spend a year emailing them once per month when you could launch a complaint with the FOS or inside the Czech republic far more quickly. You should be well aware that your chances of getting the maximum damages are minimal, so what is the purpose of dragging this out when you could attempt to get a regulator or court elsewhere to make a ruling much sooner?

In any event, the popcorn is ready. I just hope you keep the thread up to date when you file your claim. I'd love to see the filing itself along with the judge's ruling.

I must say Pharaoh that your opinions are interesting but legally frivolous.

However, thank you and this forum for an opportunity to make my case.:)

Hello merlin4x

Glad you got your funds returned, going by their Facebook page some unsatisfied customers have reported problems about withdrawals, in the last few days.

Good luck
ilearn2t

Allow me to assure you that although I am glad you have access to your funds, I find the word "frivolous" to be far too mild to cover your views of both legality and reality.

The law

Allow me to assure you that although I am glad you have access to your funds, I find the word "frivolous" to be far too mild to cover your views of both legality and reality.

May I ask you under what law are you rendering your opinions? i. e. Spanish, English, German, Russian, Common, Sharia, International etc etc etc. ;)

May I ask you under what law are you rendering your opinions? i. e. Spanish, English, German, Russian, Common, Sharia, International etc etc etc. ;)

You should answer the same question. You quote random tidbits from Wikipedia that have little logical connection to your rather bizarre arguments.

I already pointed out that logic shows how wrong your subject line is - unless you agree that Skrill would have the right to claim that entitling a thread "merlin4x agrees to pay Skrill up to $1 million over libelous statements" would be an honest and accurate thread title if they contemplated suing you.

Or does your interpretation of law only apply to what you want to say and not to the other party involved in a contractual dispute with you? :p

You should answer the same question. You quote random tidbits from Wikipedia that have little logical connection to your rather bizarre arguments.

I already pointed out that logic shows how wrong your subject line is - unless you agree that Skrill would have the right to claim that entitling a thread "merlin4x agrees to pay Skrill up to $1 million over libelous statements" would be an honest and accurate thread title if they contemplated suing you.

Or does your interpretation of law only apply to what you want to say and not to the other party involved in a contractual dispute with you? :p

I have clearly stated Pharaoh that I will bring my action against the Skrill in the California so it would be under the California's law.
I can't speak for Skrill what action they can bring against me if any but they can't use Implied Contract doctrine because they believe that a valid agreement between me and them exists and I believe that it was breached so I can operate under different set of laws against them.
Reiterating, your legal assumptions in this case are frivolous and boring to me and that is why I have asked you to remove this thread. You have replied that you want to keep it here so you can learn. So Learn!

I like your site Pharaoh and would like to use it in a future so lets drop it.:cool:

I'm the one who asked a member of the forums team to tell you that the thread should remain.

Your legal interpretations are interesting. I don't believe you are any more qualified as a lawyer than anyone else in this thread. I wish this had proceeded to trial. I would have been very interested to see how a judge would deal with your arguments.

Sorry for confusion, I can assure you that I have selected the California because of the liberal laws in favor of the public and customer protection. I have done it many times before so you can consider me a prevailing party. There would be very little written evidence for your entertainment anyway. It is all oral and it is done in about 15 min.

Back