ThinkForex.com - Withdrawal problem - Resolved

Georgeblack

Recruit
Dear FPA members,

My problem with Thinkforex started at 05 August 2011 When i first requested for a withdrawal.
Until today, 12 August, we had daily contact, and every day they would find another problem in my withdrawal request, so that i could get my money back.
At 08 August they informed me that i had forgotten to sign my withdrawal form scan it and than sent it back. No problem i thought completely logical, so i did.
At 09 August they informed me that i had forgotten to put my IBAN Bank number. No problem, i emailed it. Although they already have all that info or at least the bank where they keep the account has all that i believe.
At 10 August i was informed that everything is ok and my money is being transferred.
And at 12 August i receive an email from them, saying that Barclays Bank can not proceed with my withdrawal because they are not directly working with my Greek Bank, and they need from me to find a corespondent Bank, and that my bank will provide me with that info.
I am starting to feel that someone is getting played around here.
I get immediately in contact with my bank and they tell me that the BANK THAT SENDS THE MONEY CHOOSES THE CORESPONDENT BANK.
I informed them by live chat and phone calls about that and requested a formal document from Barclay's Bank with this specific problem.
Thinkforex informed me that Barclays had informed them by phone, that they do not have such a document, and that i would have to wait until early next week (15-21 August) to get the document.
And also that i MUST have to find the corespondent bank.
I have kept the emails and live chats for any legal purposes and they are at your disposal.

Get your bank to send that information to you in an email and forward it to ThinkForex as well as to Barclays.

Contact Barclays yourself and ask them their opinion of this issue.

Today i got this email from Thinkforex:

Dear Georgios,

We contacted our primary clearing bank Barclays and they were not able to locate a intermediary for your bank however we have routed your withdrawal through our secondary clearing Bank in Europe to expedite your withdrawal via CommerzBank . I have attached a copy of the transfer receipt for your reference , since the transfer is in the EU zone you should receive it fairly quickly.

Please let us know when the funds are in your account so we can close the ticket.

Hoping and waiting for the 2nd time.!!

Today is the 18 of August and my money are still coming.

If you want to start praying for your money to be refunded please choose ThinkForex.

Contact Barclays and your bank. Show them both the transfer receipt. See if they think it's valid or not.

Tell ThinkForex that they need to trace the payment.

"""Dear Georgios,

We have contacted our secondary clearing bank, Commerzbank, and they have confirmed that your wire was sent. But we have discovered you provided us two different IBAN numbers . Please see the ticket history, the IBAN number you provided was

IBAN is GR80 0260 2580 .........................

In the withdrawal form you provided us the IBAN as

0026 2580 ................................

We used the IBAN number you provided us below (in the ticket) as you had clearly listed. Your wire from Commerzbank was sent using IBAN GR80 0260 2580 ................................ . You provided us two different IBAN numbers, please confirm with your bank the correct IBAN number as the IBAN number you provided in your withdrawal form is different from the one you provided in the ticket below. For your convenience and reference we have attached a screen shot of the IBAN number you provided us in this ticket thread. We have also attached the withdrawal form you filled out, which has a different IBAN number.

If you look at the IBAN number , there are discrepancies in the first 4 digits, the one you provided us in the withdrawal form starts with "0026" and the one your provided in your latest reply (after GR80) is "0260" . Such discrepancies can cause your wire to be returned, we have contacted Commerzbank to place a trace on the wire. However, if the IBAN number you provided us is incorrect the funds will not post in your account. We can send Commerzbank a SWIFT update but please confirm with your bank the correct IBAN number as soon as possible so we can update our bank.

We are not trying to delay or hold your money but if the IBAN number you provided is incorrect then your withdrawal will most likely be returned back to us, unless we update it as soon as possible. We kindly ask that you confirm your IBAN number by contacting your bank as soon as possible.""""

In the Commerzbank transfer receipt they provided, the IBAN number is the correct one, the one that starts with GR. But now they found a new problem.
How conviniend again......

Contact Barclays and your bank. Show them both the transfer receipt. See if they think it's valid or not.

Tell ThinkForex that they need to trace the payment.

I contacted Commerzbank (not Barclays) and they told me that they can not help me because i am not a customer.
My bank said that they can not check another banks receipt if it is valid or not.

Thinkforex.com - Withdrawal problem resolved

Today my money finally showed up in my bank account.
As it seems it was not a Broker problem but a bank problem for the delay.
But i was scared as hell.
It is the first time it happened to me, so long delay.
I am very happy right now and take everything back i said about them.
Just still not the best broker for news trading!!

Back