• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem This how ICmarkets scams and mislead clients. I lost $28000 (Evidences )

I am having an issue with a company
Damn Fact…the Broker changed account leverage without client consent holding open positions !

….which interferes on price, in front of any criminal court it’s called price manipulation, it don’t matter what T/C say these are no laws, next why would a Broker do that, to protect their clients assets ?... how could they know next seconds hours days price action, if…. it would refer to inside trading, one more crime !

These are Criminal Broker practices, since years way before 2015 chf event :mad:

Btw, who are there tech. liquidity providers…. Israel’s Leverate, PandaTs …?

@oscarra Thank for your comment and support. The bitter truth is that ASIC is the regulator but does not intervene in these disputes. I called a few lawyers. Charges are sky high and these brokers know that there is lack of law enforcement around financial firms in Australia.

Look at the response I received from ASIC . They basically tell you piss off and never contact us again!
They send these template responses to everyone. I tried to contact them again but they did not bother to reply back.

No wonder many brokers rip off people in Australia and ASIC just sit and watch. Look at the Melbournian muscle guy who opened himself a Forex broker and took millions of dollars and some people are still not able to get their money back! "Play hard Work harder!" was his motto on his Instagram!

Attachments

• ASIC1.png
    ASIC1.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 21
  • ASIC2.png
    ASIC2.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 19
  • ASIC4.png
    ASIC4.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
We might have some disagreement over some stuff but I have a feeling that deep down he feels my pain and has my respect
Thank you. I do feel your pain and it comes from a horribly familiar place. I blew up a $30 000 account in 2009 or 2010, that consisted of my funds, some friends and colleagues. Fortunately I managed to get about $19 000 of it back from the broker because there was a technical error on their multi trader PAMM system. That week-end whilst I was waiting for the investigation to start on the Monday(the blow up was on a NFP Friday), was the worst of my life. I had heart palpitations and I left forex trading for about 2 or 3 years after that.

I had a similar feeling in 2018 when Gainsy stole about $15000 from me. That I never got back from them but fortunately my winnings have covered this so Que Sera, Sera.

Unfortunately we will not see eye to eye on IC Markets but that is ok. You have made your point and I have made mine(despite my lack of 5 x tables) and I hope you find some solution, or at least some peace.

Welcome. I'm happy to hear that you could get part of it back. Yeah it sucks specially for people like us who worked hard for every cent of it. If it was inherited, I wouldn't feel the same way.

I don't think this money was mine at all. I think it belonged to my kids and family. When you become a father, You want all the good things and prosperity for your family and children and sometimes you forget that you even exist on this planet.

Apart from our disagreements, I could read through the lines that you have a big heart and we have things in common in someway.

Thanks mate. I wish you peace as well. I keep my fingers crossed and hope things will work out all right.

ah, don’t fully agree but mean time cure the flu, and we see…..there must be a way to get a crime complain into the legal system

https://www.acic.gov.au/report-crime

or Report stealing
Call police on 131 444 if you have witnessed, or you are the victim of, a stealing offence.

I wish it was flu. It's coronavirus. I don't know how I caught it but it's not like any other disease that I've ever experienced before. I had chills and fever for the first week when I was admitted to hospital. Difficulty breathing started in the second week. They gave me oxygen and I'm still using it when I get exhausted, My oxygen level drops bellow 90% sometimes.

I didn't believe this virus and I thought it's only for elderly people. I was lucky I did not pass it on to my family.

Be careful these days. It escalates very quickly. I got tested again last week and I'm still positive!

Thank mate, I don't know if they deal with these disputes but will try to call them this week and check with the cyber-crime section.

Stay safe.

Last edited:
All their support team are located in Cyprus and Seychelles . I've been in contact with them and we almost exchanged more than 30 e-mails and conversation during our negotiation. I have solid evidences about that .
I contacted the ASIC office .unfortunately they do not get involve in these cases. They send templates to all complainants. Financial regulators are not very strict as places like western Europe . that's why it's brokers heaven here !

Wrong:
sd.png

Their address is in Sydney. Maybe you should visit their real offices then if you can't get this solved via online services.
Also in the PDF I uploaded (or on that screenshot) you can see that actually it's the AFCA handling any complaints not the ASIC (the ASIC just provides the info about that company but the company doesn't have any regulator number at the ASIC). You can see their AFCA membership number and you can also see their AFSL auditor's company name above. I guess that should be enough info for you to get your complaint even to your local Australian police then.

I read your comment long time ago when you said this about Vanessa and she is a victim of ICmarket as well.
"I guess IC Markets and all the connected banks/liquidity providers in this scenario are preparing a filing (together with her local courts) against her because of money laundering right now. lol"
Marco my dear, if I cooperate and listen to what you have to say. do you have authority from ICmarkets to resolve my issue ?
How does a simple guess from another thread have anything to do with this thread here? I'm not working for any broker. I'm a trader from Europe and have nothing to do with IC Markets (and I'm also not your "dear").
I just wanted to show you that you already had a huge loss before the change, and that you closed your loss because you were panicking after the change. Now you're ranting against the broker because you say the panic was only caused by the broker and not from your own trading mindset. I don't know which court would ever handle such complaints where it's about your own money/risk management and trading mindset. But you can try with the AFCA and your local police now. Good luck!

Wrong:
View attachment 55645

Their address is in Sydney. Maybe you should visit their real offices then if you can't get this solved via online services.
Also in the PDF I uploaded (or on that screenshot) you can see that actually it's the AFCA handling any complaints not the ASIC (the ASIC just provides the info about that company but the company doesn't have any regulator number at the ASIC). You can see their AFCA membership number and you can also see their AFSL auditor's company name above. I guess that should be enough info for you to get your complaint even to your local Australian police then.

How does a simple guess from another thread have anything to do with this thread here? I'm not working for any broker. I'm a trader from Europe and have nothing to do with IC Markets (and I'm also not your "dear").
I just wanted to show you that you already had a huge loss before the change, and that you closed your loss because you were panicking after the change. Now you're ranting against the broker because you say the panic was only caused by the broker and not from your own trading mindset. I don't know which court would ever handle such complaints where it's about your own money/risk management and trading mindset. But you can try with the AFCA and your local police now. Good luck!

It's good that you are from Europe and probably Germany. Have you seen me commenting on German laws and how things work there ? I have worked and lived in many cities here. From NSW to Victoria to Queensland. If you are from Western Europe, you probably should know that I cannot just knock on their door and show some muscle and ask for my money back unlike some parts of the world .

I has to be though the legal channel. Have you ever lived in my country ? Have you ever been in ASIC offices in Australia ? have you every closely dealt with these organisation in Australia ? Do you know our culture ? Probably not.

Because I do not know anything about Germany. I just thought you should have pretty strict laws and better than us over there.

Our consumer laws are pretty strict. If sales persons tells you that a laptop comes with windows 10 (verbally ) and later you realize that it's running on windows 7. You can return your item within 7 days and get your money back.

If they tell you it fits for your purpose and later you realize that it does not work the way you want. same thing, return it and get your money back

But regarding financial firms. We are screwed up and most related Australian authorities are rotten and corrupt from bottom to top.There is basically no protection.
AFCA is new name of old Pig FOS .They changed their name to rescue poor Australian citizens but since they opened in late 2018, they have proven that are even worst than FOS. They do not have single good review for crying out loud! .

AFCA has 35000 members and it's private ORG and at least makes 2 million from membership charges only.

Expecting justice from this biased system is like asking them to kill their own mom! You probably never lived or worked here but reading reviews will give you an idea.

I've meet many people specially at private banks who lodged complaints with old pig FOS and the new one AFCA, All same stories. heard it from family and friends

You can open yourself a broker here easily. Do you know how many mortgage broker and FX brokers rip off people each year in Australia ? and later after they stole millions of dollars. ASIC moves his ... a little due to media pressure not if they really wanna do anything!

Have you seen private banks gang up with car yards in Western Sydney ?They give application forms to car dealers & promise 4% car loans but later charge the poor guy twice plus applications fees and it goes beyond 10% after he signs the contract ?

I don't know anything about Germany. Never lived or worked there. Never dealt with their financial firms .
I know about my own country and I feel that I'm only allowed to comment on that.

By the way I call all my friends dear you could be my friend .Take it lightly mate :)

Attachments

• ASIC10.png
    ASIC10.png
    164.5 KB · Views: 10
  • AFCA11.png
    AFCA11.png
    123.9 KB · Views: 11
  • ASIC4.png
    ASIC4.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Thank mate, I don't know if they deal with these disputes but will try to call them this week and check with the cyber-crime section.

I know, and the management of this pandemic crisis on the western side is just a shameful disaster, guess you know what they mean by second wave, not just new infection clusters but also patients further development of pulmonary scarring fibrosis leading to long term injury…and some places don’t even provide Lung scanning or further follow up, a scandal…..you sure take care

Yes the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission, interesting

Wrong:
View attachment 55645

Of course I was panicking. Not because I was scared of oil market. I worked in this industry and know the market behavior. Brent is not WTI . Minimum price could be $12 $14 however it never went bellow $15 .

I was scared and panicked because broker proved that they are capable of doing everything.Changing a receiving swap to paying swap from +0.30 to -11.70 again to -15 ($3000 swap) they admitted they can whatever they want after I complained .

They told me leverage restriction is "rare" and "never happened" and and I believed them then they reduced the leverage to 1:10 from from 1:500 and increased the swap again then said it's "highly likely"

Of course I took my money and ran for the hills and I made the best decision because I knew I was dealing with a con artist.Their next move would be another margin restriction as they later admitted they can do it "continuously" from 1:10 to 1:1 and increasing swap to -35 probably why ? "because we can do it". With a little cherry on top (negative balance) The funny thing is they offered the 1:500 leverage to another client at the same time! This was the best part of my story :)

God bless creator of this website. wish I've known this website before my investment. I'm sure he created this website for people like us to come here and collaborate and help each other against financial firms who are bleeding us dry everywhere not attacking arguing and rubbing salt on our wounds.

Last edited:
Back