This method of stop trailing.

its a good concept to protect trades and maximizes profit but you could be setting a massive sl as cant see the day range and could be 100's of pips

Think it depends on your trading style. If you are analysing and then just setting a stop and expecting that as wort case and TP as best then would you want to spend the time checking to see if you can set a trailing stop or move on. Also does it cause you to get too invested in a trade by checking it so much. Sure there are pros and cons to using one.

i am working on 10 pip sl entys using price action then using trailing sl of 15 pips after price is 30 pips in profit seems to be going well just hard waiting on entrys

i am working on 10 pip sl entys using price action then using trailing sl of 15 pips after price is 30 pips in profit seems to be going well just hard waiting on entrys
how has this been going have you been making profit?

i believe trailing stop is better than stop loss and take profit. as you keep booking your profits and minimize the risk of losing more.

I guess that it's really important to trade with trailing stops because it's much more flexible than a fixed stop loss order. The successful using of trailing stops must include setting it at a level which isn't too tight and too wide, something between, you know. If you set a trailing stop which is too tight then it could mean that the trailing stop is triggered by normal daily market movement and thus the trade has no room to move in the trader's direction. If we speak of situation when the trailing stop is too large it won't be triggered by normal market movements hence a trader take huge risks of losses.

Trailing stop is a good feature in the mt4 platform to manage the risk, but it also has its own disadvantage because price movement very dynamic, often I use trailing stop but always hit and closed order and later price move even higher to reach the target.

Back