Tickmill

g.difederico

Private
Hi everyone, I want to raise an alarm to the community regarding the calculation of the free margins used by Tickmill compared to other brokers. In fact, I realized that, for the same balance, equity, used lots and used instruments, between tickmill and other brokers who, such as ic, klimex, robo, blueberry, there is a huge difference, has DD parity with tickmill you will go in margin call much earlier. Pay close attention to this.

Attachments

• klimex vs tick.jpg
    klimex vs tick.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • robo vs tick.jpg
    robo vs tick.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 24
  • ic vs tickmill.jpg
    ic vs tickmill.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Hi @g.difederico,

Indeed a valid point to be aware of. This doesn't rise to the level of scam though. Probably this should placed under some form of general discussion.

Tickmill have had a leverage limit on CHF pairs since 30 March of 1:10. This is independent of your account leverage and can be checked on both the website and on the product specifications within MT4.

Your strategy is simply not suitable with this broker and a due diligence on your part would have established this before you started trading live.

Are you familiar with each broker's internal business revenue model (how they make money from client trading activity??? Judging by the quality of brokers used, your donation deposit was likely to be lost sooner rather than later.

Tickmill have had a leverage limit on CHF pairs since 30 March of 1:10. This is independent of your account leverage and can be checked on both the website and on the product specifications within MT4.
According to screenshots, his exposure was mostly EUR pairs, not CHF. So how did CHF become so significant here?

According to screenshots, his exposure was mostly EUR pairs, not CHF. So how did CHF become so significant here?
@4evermaat, at 1:10 leverage, it only takes 0.1 lots to generate a $1000 margin requirement. Furthermore, he appears to be trading some form of correlated hedge strategy. He could have zero CHF net exposure, but still be exposed to the CHF margin requirements.

Perhaps the OP will upload a statement from Tickmill showing his open positions and you will see what I mean.

It would appear that his total open lots is 0.92 and you can see his use of the website margin calculator he has assumed that all pairs carry the same margin which is incorrect because we know for a fact that he is not trading only EURUSD which is all I see in his calculation.

@4evermaat, at 1:10 leverage, it only takes 0.1 lots to generate a $1000 margin requirement. Furthermore, he appears to be trading some form of correlated hedge strategy. He could have zero CHF net exposure, but still be exposed to the CHF margin requirements.

Perhaps the OP will upload a statement from Tickmill showing his open positions and you will see what I mean.

It would appear that his total open lots is 0.92 and you can see his use of the website margin calculator he has assumed that all pairs carry the same margin which is incorrect because we know for a fact that he is not trading only EURUSD which is all I see in his calculation.
Sorry, thats $2850 margin for 0.1 lots.

I also see now that it only applies to EURCHF pairs, not all CHF pairs. We really need to see the trading statement to get a better picture.

invite-fpaop.png
The FPA invited the Original Poster to update this discussion on Jul 25, 2020 at 9:58 AM

Back