• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem TIkTok identity theft forex scam PassionToProfits - not scammed yet but they’re trying .. can this be stopped ?

I am having an issue with a company
I was almost sucked into investing with a Scam TIkTok profile called @passiontoprofits
I’m still playing this scammer .. I hope to get your help on how to stop them - please jump im and comment … we should prevent this.

How it works:
The profile shares posts from Annie McFarland that is an ambassador to Piper Lou a merchandising business - she has a good following
Piper Lou and Annie have TIkTok accounts

The fake profile uses Annie’s image and shared videos then “friend requests you”. Once connected they send you a false email address so that chat is initiated on Google Chat
The fake email used is anniemccferland@gmail.com
Seems legit that a high profile TikTokker may want an ailias account for discretion about her “other business” in forex trade

The scammer is good and patient and exchanges a lot of banter to establish credibility- this has been going 3 weeks … of course as the banter escalated they extract information to understand your wealth and status .. once “comfortable” they start offering forex services and ask you to invest

I’m playing the game patiently ..
I hope your guys can advise and guide me as to what can be done to halt the scam and prevent people fo being ripped off.

Am I wasting my precious time or could this help stop this scammer before damage is done ?

Incidentally, their information email went to my junk mail .. they slipped up and sent info from another email address
stylesgreg515@gmail.com

Does anyone know Greg Styles or passiontoprofits
They claim to develop trade via Falcon FX

I continue to chat with the scammer on Google chat .. it’s a long and deep pseudo relationship and I’ve kept it going ..

So where to from here .. please help?
Can we stop these guys ? How? I’ve not been ripped off but I’m building info on this scam ..

Will (Australia)

I’ve reached out to the real Annie McFerland via LinkedIn so that she and Piper Lou brands may defend their positions .. as yet no response

Attachments

• 36C5CE9B-2AE5-414A-9563-90D7EE78AAB4.jpeg
    36C5CE9B-2AE5-414A-9563-90D7EE78AAB4.jpeg
    375.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 87027514-6876-4D73-9EEC-179DE496874E.png
    87027514-6876-4D73-9EEC-179DE496874E.png
    823.7 KB · Views: 18
  • C3A24F71-5013-49CD-916F-693704A983D0.png
    C3A24F71-5013-49CD-916F-693704A983D0.png
    807.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 62339697-E408-40B2-A4C7-53A11EBF70D2.jpeg
    62339697-E408-40B2-A4C7-53A11EBF70D2.jpeg
    480.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 3AAF8BD9-4228-4061-BDDE-4DE5B6155BB4.jpeg
    3AAF8BD9-4228-4061-BDDE-4DE5B6155BB4.jpeg
    459.9 KB · Views: 15
  • BF8F32FB-FE8C-463A-A550-A02EFF94251D.jpeg
    BF8F32FB-FE8C-463A-A550-A02EFF94251D.jpeg
    747.2 KB · Views: 16
It’s a clever and progressive journey and really sophisticated with good research on the fake ID of the assumed identity from the social media .. these guys send video and images of items not easily found so it appears novel when shared .. seems authentic … hard questions take time to be answered …. Or avoided by response with another question back … …. I’m still laying these guys … who do do I specifically report these to? Suggestions please in Australia

It’s a clever and progressive journey and really sophisticated with good research on the fake ID of the assumed identity from the social media .. these guys send video and images of items not easily found so it appears novel when shared .. seems authentic … hard questions take time to be answered …. Or avoided by response with another question back … …. I’m still laying these guys … who do do I specifically report these to? Suggestions please in Australia
ASIC in Australia. Also once you have their full website address please post it in this thread. If they provide a bank account or wallet for crypto please also post it in this thread.

@NRG11 @Scam Reporters Thoughts where else to report in Australia besides ASIC.

I wouldn't bother too much with ASIC. They are very unresponsive like most regulators. You could certainly report it to them but my experience and that of many others is that they are very detached and slow to communicate and act. As far as regulators are concerned perhaps the ACCC is a better place to start as they are more currently engaged in the prosecution of the bigger Social media companies like META and Google who are doing very little to stop scam advertisements and do nothing even when bad actor users are reported directly to them. Their flagship website in Australia is Scamwatch however this is more of a reporting website for people to check on particular types of scams. There may be another mechanism to report a case like this to them directly but without researching it I can't provide a specific link.

The other mechanism is obviously the local police where you live but to my knowledge they can only investigate an individual complaint and there would need to be an actual crime committed for them to lodge an investigation. To your knowledge has anyone fallen victim to these people as yet ?

Back