Tim Geithner

Eric Alyea

Master Sergeant
How will Tim Geithner leaving/resigning affect the USD?

Geithner's position includes a large role in directing the Federal Government's economic response to the financial crisis which began after December 2007. Specific tasks include directing the allocation of the $350 billion of Wall Street bailout funds. He is currently dealing with multiple high visibility issues, including the survival of the automobile industry, the restructuring of banks, financial institutions and insurance companies, recovery of the mortgage market, demands for protectionism, President Obama's tax changes, and relations with foreign governments that are dealing with similar crises.[1]

Timothy Geithner
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
"Geitner" redirects here. For other uses, see Geitner (disambiguation).
Timothy F. Geithner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

75th United States Secretary of the Treasury
Incumbent
Assumed office
January 26, 2009
President Barack Obama
Preceded by Henry Paulson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9th President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York
In office
November 17, 2003 – January 26, 2009
Preceded by William McDonough
Succeeded by William C. Dudley

Born August 18, 1961 (1961-08-18) (age 48)
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Nationality American
Political party Democratic
Spouse(s) Carole M. Sonnenfeld
Children Elise and Benjamin Geithner
Alma mater Johns Hopkins University (M.A.)
Dartmouth College (A.B.)
Occupation Civil Servant
Signature
Website Secretary of Treasury
Timothy Franz Geithner (pronounced /ˈɡaɪtnər/; born August 18, 1961) is the 75th and current United States Secretary of the Treasury, serving under President Barack Obama. He was previously the president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

Last edited:
All Depends

All depends if he is replaced with another village idiot or someone who actually has the intelligence and fortitude to impliment the changes required to start to fix the mess they created.:err:

I think there are calls for his resignation, but I don't think he's resigned yet.

Overall, he's not been nearly as effective as promised. I think it's time to find an idiot from a different village.

the latest mark

Tim is just the latest in a future long line of scapegoats. The last president(george the boy blunder) destroyed the value of our American culture and world standing. IMO-only our defeating an unknown enemy from outer space would help to bolster our world perception? Our new president is finding out that Washington doesnt care about America either. Our present form of government has failed its people. Our sitting President will not be able to effect ANY meaningful change(special interests). Well-it had to happen sometime,right? Every rise has its fall? I do know 1 thing will happen in the near future, just before America losses its pre-eminent world position, we will kill a whole bunch of people in the course of war/s. And, lets not forget, the US is the ONLY country to have "nuked" another in a war-I bet it wont be the last one either.

(How do we PLAY this to make money)

I’m feeling the emotion but the question is:
How can we hedge our bets on the USD with this fundamental controversy.
(How do we PLAY this to make money)

Nostrodamus I aint!

I see a run up in the majors(euro to test the high 1.50's) before a resurgent dollar knocks the majors down again. The DJIA is in the 10,000.'s presently(overbought?) and most everyone sees some type of retracement south. I do too. Of course I could be totally wrong. I trade the Euro/Usd LONG on dips(short term) but I am waiting for the downtrend to commence.

My opinion is that this will have zero effect on the usd. Indices retraced at the end of last week letting off a bit of overbought steam after a good run up the ladder which was to be expected. $index is still in a downtrend hanging underneath it's 50day ma, and until it crosses this line and finds support off it I will remain a seller of bucks. This week will be interesting especially FOMC minutes on Tuesday.

As per usual I will be trading only what is happening on my charts, the political soap opera running alongside is for entertainment purposes.

Back