• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Tim616 vs UFXMarkets.com & CySEC

I am having an issue with a company

Tim 616

Private, 1st Class
I had been trading with UFX for quite a long (about 18 months) time without any trouble, and quite a bit of Profit. I had been making lots of trades and withdrawals. That was until the 4th of January this year. When Gold had a big Rally, which wiped out my account. But the problem wasn't that my account was wiped out by a Rally, the problem was that UFX closed their office early on New Years Eve, and therefore didn't recognise any movements in the Market after they had closed for the year.
I know that all sounds a bit crazy, so here is the Full story on New Years Eve 2015 I received several phone calls from my 'Personal Trading Trainer', Jennifer Ross, regarding Trades that I should place. I placed Trades on Oil & Gold that were successful. She rang back to tell me the Trades worked and I should now place another 5 Trades on Gold.
I tried to place the Trades but was unsuccessful, she rang again and asked why I hadn't placed the Trades. I told her that I had tried but the site was too busy. She then rang me and said that she had a Trader on the phone so I could place the Trades, which I did.
I watched Gold on my Mobile Phone and saw that I had won the Trades.
Then on the 4th of January I noticed that not all of my Trades had closed I was confused an annoyed, as I know that Gold had gone low enough to hit my Take Profits, but somehow I was still in the Trade.
I sent Jennifer a email asking what was going on, she didn't reply.
Eventually my account was wiped out.
I asked what happened and was told that UFX had closed at 1600 GMT, and that I was sent an email telling me that this was going to happen. I checked my emails and yes there was a email stating that was the case.
I made a complaint and was contacted by Adam Miller who is the Senior Complaints Officer with UFX.
I explained my case to him, his response was that when my Take Profits were hit UFX was closed. So the Trades weren't active.
When I asked how can a trade in an active market be 'Not Active' he would not answer me.
I still can't understand how a Trade can be suspended from a 'Live Market'.
So I made a complaint to CySEC, which I had to pay a FEE for. I sent them all the info Screen shots etc. A person by the name of Andria Eleftheriou emailed me to say that I should have been given a "unique reference number" , so I contacted UFX to try and get the number. UFX as of now still hasn't replied to me.
I sent a return email to Andria Eleftheriou to inform him that UFX had not and would not give me the "unique reference number" . That was on the 31st of March, I have sent several emails asking for updates to Andria Eleftheriou, but I am yet to receive a reply.
I have Screen Shots of the trades the 2 Platforms that UFX run and all the emails. Let me know what you want and I will post it.
If I post it all now then it will be a very big post.

Tim Ahchow

Inform Cysec and the Cyprus Financial Ombudsman that UFX is failing to provide a reference number.

Pharoah I sent an email to Andria Eleftheriou, see below, telling him that UFX would not give me the number. That is the last I heard from him.

Re: Unique Reference Number
MeControlMediumUserTile

Tim Ahchow
31/03/2016
Andria Eleftheriou (aeleftheriou@financialombudsman.gov.cy)
Boomerang
Hello Andria,
I have sent emails to UFX, which is the Company that is owned by Reliantco Investments Co Ltd, requesting the number that you need.
However they have never responded to the request.
I will send you the email that I received when I first put in the complaint. (It will be a separate email).
Regards
Tim Ahchow

From: Andria Eleftheriou <aeleftheriou@financialombudsman.gov.cy>
Sent: Thursday, 31 March 2016 22:39
To: timahchow@hotmail.com
Subject: Unique Reference Number
Dear AHCHOW TIMOTHY MICHIAL
With reference to your complaint with reference number 13.29.004.1011 please provide us with the unique reference number which must be given from RELIANTCO INVESTMENT CO LTD.
Best Regards,
Andria Eleftheriou
Financial Officer
The Financial Ombudsman
of the Republic of Cyprus
tel. 22848900
fax. 22660118

Try calling Andria. If that fails, send a reminder twice per week that UFX is refusing to provide the required number. CC Cysec on the emails.

Update.
I received this email today:
Complaint Application 13.29.004.1011 - Re-submission of complaint letter
GetPersonaPhoto

Anthousa Papacharalambous

Dear Mr. Ahchow,

We have reviewed your complaint application and we would like to inform you that your complaint to the financial business and overall communication is not acceptable because you have provided a copy of the contents of the e-mail(s) and not the actual e-mail(s).

You need to forward us the actual e-mail(s), with the dates and e-mail addresses clearly shown, or provide a screenshot.

Thank you

Financial Ombudsman Office

To which I replied with:
Hello Anthousa,

I will forward all the emails with pleasure. There is quite a few, however if that is what you need then I am happy to supply them to you.

Thanks

Tim Ahchow

Along with the 45 email I have sent and received from UFX.

Forward several examples and then ask the Ombudsman if he wants the whole stack or if those are enough.

Back