Tinder invest scam

Hello ,

Sorry for my bad English.
I read a lot of stories regarding asia girls in tinder which tell about investment in fake Cryptocurrency. So it hit me almost. The girl I spoke told about fake coins. I registered at a webside (seems to be legit) , but did not invest. My biggest fault , I regret it so much, was to upload there personal informations for the "verification process ".
After some time I found out that the website is hosted by alicloud.

I was already at the police but they can do nothing.
It was a big mistake to send such data.
I feel really bad to know some criminals have data from me and I can not delete it.

Are there people having the same problem ? What to do ?

Nice greets
In certain countries there are public institutions/associations that will protect customers who have their personal data compromised.

How they do this? They have a huge list of people whose identity was exposed. This database is built upon request of the victim, who might contact the assocation/institution and attach a copy of the police report among other information so that he is included in the aforementioned list.

This database is regularly sent to all of the banks of the country, so whenever someone tries to ask for a credit in your name, the bank employee, as part of his normal procedure, will check this list. If you are on it he will block or ask for a lot of additional information in order to authorise the credit.

You will quickly find the name of this protection association/institution, if any, in your country by doing a bit research with keywords like "credit protection identity exposed Sweden" (instead of sweden add your country).

Hope it helps.

You need to monitor your credit and watch for new accounts trying to be opened in your name. In your country there could be a government agency that monitors credit that you can inform. Also call your bank and your credit card companies and let them know to watch your accounts for scam.
Sorry for the double post.

When you say "monitor your credit" you are talking about getting regularly the credit reports that are issued by Equifax, Experian and Transunion, right? However, the data of these reports is updated each 1 or 2 months, which means that by the time you notice someone has asked for a credit using your identity you might already be in trouble since the credit has already been issued.

So how exactly you fix these "already" given credits through identity fraud?

In certain countries there are public institutions/associations that will protect customers who have their personal data compromised.

How they do this? They have a huge list of people whose identity was exposed. This database is built upon request of the victim, who might contact the assocation/institution and attach a copy of the police report among other information so that he is included in the aforementioned list.

This database is regularly sent to all of the banks of the country, so whenever someone tries to ask for a credit in your name, the bank employee, as part of his normal procedure, will check this list. If you are on it he will block or ask for a lot of additional information in order to authorise the credit.

You will quickly find the name of this protection association/institution, if any, in your country by doing a bit research with keywords like "credit protection identity exposed Sweden" (instead of sweden add your country).

Hope it helps.
If you are having a serious problem with a company, you should open your own thread in Scam Alerts and give details.

Why your own thread?

1. If the person who started this thread has their issue resolved, this whole thread will be marked as resolved.

2. Your thread can have a link from your review. This makes your issue more visible.

3. Issues can be different. Having your own thread makes it easier to get advice specific to resolving your issue.

Sorry for the double post.

When you say "monitor your credit" you are talking about getting regularly the credit reports that are issued by Equifax, Experian and Transunion, right? However, the data of these reports is updated each 1 or 2 months, which means that by the time you notice someone has asked for a credit using your identity you might already be in trouble since the credit has already been issued.

So how exactly you fix these "already" given credits through identity fraud?
You can sign up for real time alerts which means anytime a new line of credit is requested (credit card, loan, etc. you are instantly notified)

You can sign up for real time alerts which means anytime a new line of credit is requested (credit card, loan, etc. you are instantly notified)
Unfortunately, as far as I know, those real time alerts can only come from the banks where you are a current customer. That said, if someone pretending to be you, requests a new line credit in a bank where you are not a customer, the bank won't be able to inform the "real you".

Hello ,

Sorry for my bad English.
I read a lot of stories regarding asia girls in tinder which tell about investment in fake Cryptocurrency. So it hit me almost. The girl I spoke told about fake coins. I registered at a webside (seems to be legit) , but did not invest. My biggest fault , I regret it so much, was to upload there personal informations for the "verification process ".
After some time I found out that the website is hosted by alicloud.

I was already at the police but they can do nothing.
It was a big mistake to send such data.
I feel really bad to know some criminals have data from me and I can not delete it.

Are there people having the same problem ? What to do ?

Nice greets
Never share your documents with anyone you don’t no

so many scammers

Unfortunately, as far as I know, those real time alerts can only come from the banks where you are a current customer. That said, if someone pretending to be you, requests a new line credit in a bank where you are not a customer, the bank won't be able to inform the "real you".
The bank will pull your credit report before a line of credit is opened (US law for all lines of credit). Once this occurs, if you are signed up for alerts, one of the three US credit agencies will send you a real time notification of which business pulled the credit report. Once you have this notice, you can call that bank or company immediately.

As I have mentioned, just be very careful in authorizing payment with credit/debit card. If the fine print state "recurring", the vendor/service provider can and will charge you multiple times for absurd reason(s) without your consent.

I had that happened to me once and I called up my card issuing bank who told me there is nothing I or the bank can do because I have unknowingly authorized a recurring card charge.
My bank told me that the only thing I could do to stop further card charges is to ask/authorize them (my bank) to immediately cancel my card (it was a Debit card) and apply for a new one which I of course did.

Back