To the pros in the audience: Please rate my n00b strategy.

For new traders its not really suggested to trade the news releases because of the poor interpretation of the released news value to the possible market direction. But if you are still good at it then go ahead and trade.

Since its that easy to open a live trading account and receive free money from "A.B.P.T.T.T.T.P.L.R", why don't someone start a thread entitled "How much can you make from USD8 free money?" (or something to that effect) and interested FPA members are to register for the free account with "A.B.P.T.T.T.T.P.L.R" and post all their trading results at that thread.

It should be interesting to see how much a trader can make from a humble trading account in a space of 3-6-12 months.
Also, in posting trading results with the "A.B.P.T.T.T.T.P.L.R" here at the FPA, it should encourage "A.B.P.T.T.T.T.P.L.R" to allow traders to withdraw their profits after a certain amount of trading as specified in their T&C :cool:

I like where you are going with this...hmmm.ForexAthlon?

If you make a thread like that, please put it in the Company Comparisons and Competitions folder. I don't want Community Forums turning into a spamfest.

How about an independent website promoting the attempt ,and linking back to the Company Comparisons thread ?Without implying this is an FPA official endeavor.

For new traders its not really suggested to trade the news releases because of the poor interpretation of the released news value to the possible market direction. But if you are still good at it then go ahead and trade.

Umm... Actually, my idea was to trade about 15-30 mins after the news. Usually I won't be entirely sure how the market reacts to news, that's why I said I can't be sure which way the spike would go. Even with a SL in place a spike so sudden and violent will almost surely result in slippage and significant losses. Usually, I would look at the chart and see the reaction after the spike and make trades on which way the chart "settles" into :)

How about an independent website promoting the attempt ,and linking back to the Company Comparisons thread ?Without implying this is an FPA official endeavor.

Geez... That seems to be an awful lot of trouble. In any case, I figure I might start with your suggestion in a week or so... Wish me luck man :p

"Originally Posted by AsstModerator View Post
If you make a thread like that, please put it in the Company Comparisons and Competitions folder. I don't want Community Forums turning into a spamfest.
"

Ok boss......will do that if it comes to that!

=============================

Main reason I suggest posting results right here at the FPA site is for all interested parties to review & to observe trading progress (or lack of it) and profits so that when the time comes for any successful traders wishing to withdraw profits, there should not be any "unforeseen" and "untoward reasons" for broker not to honor the request.
As a matter of interest, I have already pre-empt suggestion and have actually signed up for an account with "A.B.P.T.T.T.T.P.L.R" on 24-Sept-2013 and have received the usd8 free money which has since then grown to usd27.79

Barring any new thread to this effect being started by other interested FPA members by next week or so, I might start a thread at the FPA section as mentioned by Moderator. Then, perhaps, we might see what a trader can do with, and how far a humble usd8 starting account can progress or how fast it can get wiped out as the case may be.

I'm not worried about people getting confused on endorsements. People do that any time a company is mentioned.

I just want to keep commercial recommendations and discussions inside the Commerce Zone.

Hey there! I'd be happy to take a look at your noob strategy and provide some feedback. However, it would be great if you could give us a little more information about the specific aspects of your strategy that you'd like us to evaluate. What are your goals, the game or field you're focusing on, and any key tactics you've implemented? The more details you provide, the better we can assess your strategy and offer constructive suggestions. Looking forward to hearing more!

Back