1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today's Trade: Monday 09 September

Discussion in 'Jarratt Davis- Trading Signals' started by Jarratt Davis, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Jarratt Davis

Jarratt Davis Special Consultant to the FPA

Hey Redrag,

Please definitely play devils advocate! .... Posting here actually helps me to clarify my own thoughts on the markets and even more so when you guys ask questions and sometimes even challenge what i'm doing :)

Regards taking a loss, I base it mainly on how I'm feeling .... Some trades will run against me but there is nothing to change my mind so I will hold and re-enter and feel completely in control and sleep soundly.... I will also know which other prices I anticipate the pair reacting from in favour of my trade.
    Other trades (like this one) move against me and I CAN see a reason why, which causes me to feel 'out of control' and I start to 'hope' the price just moves in my favour ... The minute I feel like this I'm out!

I have all the same emotions as I did when I was learning, but I have trained them to become signals in themselves (If that makes sense?)

The comments should have caused the move down during the session, but instead the markets focused on the buyout deal from GSK and comments from the Chancellor .... So to be perfectly honest I made the wrong call and focused on the wrong thing. As soon as I realised this, my conviction was gone.

With regard to your BOE points:

Yes they are still talking the GBP down, the problem is that traders don't believe them .... Mark Carney did similar in Canada and then raised rates anyway, so this is influencing traders current thoughts. So because the markets are not really buying the BOE talk, they are focusing on the fundamentals which lately have been fantastic, with a string of data from the UK showing good recovery.

Medium term the USD will rise, IF they start to taper, particularly against currencies that are still printing money (Japan & UK for example) So this is not really in doubt, but we just have to tackle the volatility in the mean time.

With regard to the GBP/USD high ... Right now there is no real thing happening (Traders focused on UK fundamentals, Tapering has not yet started) to cause the pair to drop significantly.

So at this point I simply do not know what it will do next. And until we get something solid that lines up with everything else I will tend to avoid the trade. It is a bit too mixed in the short term.

Hope that helps!

Ofcourse if you need anything else just let me know :)

J

- Jarratt Davis
    Fx trader, funds manager and Forex mentor
    www.JarattDavis.com

2. redrag

redrag Private, 1st Class

Hi Jarratt

It really is helpful to understand your thought processes. In particular, how you react to your emotions.

Many thanks.

3. Triantus Shango

Triantus Shango Sergeant Major

jarratt

i've got a question re the technical picture on gbpusd as of 9.25 am tokyo time, wed 9.11. we had a rejection at a S/R level @ 5740 this morning (well, a little over 4 hrs ago) on H4, which is also where the 200 weekly MA is acting as RSST for now. the candle that appeared is a shooting star. and at 5765 we have a 61.8% fib.

i know, it's not much to go on. that being said, would you short from here IFF we get a SG spike through 5740 & 61.8% fib but no clean break of this RSST?

4. Jarratt Davis

Hi Triantus,

I guess this is kind of a moot point since the pair hit 1.5800 this morning.

All I will say is that I exited my short on Monday because I lost conviction in the position based on the positive fundamental factors simmering away .... And all of this was bolstered by the better than expected data from the UK.

Right now, if anything the pair is bullish in the short term.

Hope that helps!

J

- Jarratt Davis
    www.JarattDavis.com

5. Triantus Shango

Triantus Shango Sergeant Major

right. i went short yesterday from the high but the pullback was miserable. ended up watching the price on H1 curve down and then slightly curve back up and up until my SL got it. from now on, i'll only trade this pair on a news release playing M1 with OCO orders.

6. Jarratt Davis

No worries, I also took a loss on the pair so it had quite a good day out of us!

J

- Jarratt Davis
    www.JarattDavis.com