Today's Trade: Thursday 10 October

Jarratt Davis

Special Consultant to the FPA
Expect volatility today as the market starts to feel slightly optimistic about a resolution being agreed in the US – and the fact that recent FOMC minutes show that tapering could start this year. This had given overnight strength to the USD – bit the risks still remain as nothing concrete has been confirmed. As such, I’m avoiding the markets at this present time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joh

Sergeant Major
Hahahaha was in a buy UY jumped out taking a loss and entered a sell you guessed the rest -all this whilst you were sleeping

ah better luck next time -thank you for trying :)

tim61468

Private, 1st Class
As much as i hate to say it, the trillions of dollars our government is creating out of thin air due to QE is going to come back to bite us in the butt. I dont see the tapering ending anytime soon and this massive money printing is going to weaken the dollar big time. Its not a matter of IF but when, and all the ones who are buying up the USD are going to get caught on the wrong side of the trade eventually.

Jarratt Davis

Hahahaha was in a buy UY jumped out taking a loss and entered a sell you guessed the rest -all this whilst you were sleeping

ah better luck next time -thank you for trying :)
Hey Joh,

I felt the same pain on the yen this week!

I basically Shorted CAD/JPY because of poor fundamentals in Canada and the obvious safe haven buying of the yen.

Because of the fact that the US is on the verge of a shut down I pretty much decided to hold the trade for a lot more profit than normal (I was going for around 135 pips) and shorted from 94.16 on Tuesday.

So the thing fell hard then rallied then fell even harder then rallied a bit less then fell even harder .... And then Thursday the market just decided to become all positive about the US again! And sold the yen off hard, stopping me out.

Basically a weeks work for nothing!

We will make it up next week :)

J

Jarratt Davis

As much as i hate to say it, the trillions of dollars our government is creating out of thin air due to QE is going to come back to bite us in the butt. I dont see the tapering ending anytime soon and this massive money printing is going to weaken the dollar big time. Its not a matter of IF but when, and all the ones who are buying up the USD are going to get caught on the wrong side of the trade eventually.
Hey Tim,

It is definitely interesting to see how all this will play out in the longer term.

I agree that they are playing with fire and the economy could get very messy unless the US and Europe can grow it's way out of it fast enough.

J