• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss TomsEA.net (Tom Flora, Dustin Pass)

General discussions of a financial company
Hello,
be aware. This is a martingale. The demo here was in a drawdown of 6500 $ end of February. This was at about 50% of the balance. It was luck, that the price turned into the right direction at that time. Continuation of the trend of 180 pips would have been the end of the account. And with the EURUSD this can happen even within a day.
Unfortunately the graph and the statistics in MT4 does not tell you the real drawdown.
Herbert

And by the way, recently Dennis Pass started a program called Profit Agent. That's more of a managed account. The engine is in fact the very same EA as "Tom's EA".

could you please share more about profit agent? where is the link?

TomsEA was doing well until the GBPUSD did a 1000 pip move this month and most users got wiped out....

And now it seems ALL TomsEAs have ceased trading INCLUDING their MyFXBook account…!!
If you look, the last trade opened on their MyFXBook was yesterday, 7th June 2012….

I was talking with live support and after pointing this out, the person decided to just stop responding to my msgs…

Extremely Dodgy…!

Today is Friday, 8th of June 2012…..If anyone's EA is still placing trades please post here…

Otherwise I have a bad feeling they may be shutting up shop and running…

With the above responses, what else can one assume…??

KR*

Could you please provide an update on how Tom's EA has performed since your last post?

after 27 days
so far on live account mine has increase my $11000 balance to $11768 but open trades are $732
so its up about $40 at the moment.
I suppose it must be due to trading in December as it appears to be making quite impressive recovery after the fomc news shot everything down.
waiting for 2nd month of money back guarantee period to see if it actually makes money or not.

will update here once it either makes some real money or not.

Could you please provide an update on how Tom's EA has performed since your last post?

after 27 days
so far on live account mine has increase my $11000 balance to $11768 but open trades are $732
so its up about $40 at the moment.
I suppose it must be due to trading in December as it appears to be making quite impressive recovery after the fomc news shot everything down.
waiting for 2nd month of money back guarantee period to see if it actually makes money or not.

will update here once it either makes some real money or not.

Getting my email box flooded again with hypes about an EA that does not really function, on top of that all sorts of stories about a so called perfect brokerage that will help out.
For me and my team, we stay with the conventional big brokerage companies and run our own developed robot.

I have had Tom's EA since October 2011, so nearly 2 years. My assessment is both good and bad. The good news is that it can REALLY make money, with lots of small trades that can add up to a sizeable amount. When I first bought it I paid $300 for 3 months, it made that much so I paid another $1700 = total $2k, I ran it on a $3k account with virtually no risk settings, it made $2k so I withdrew $2k from the account. It was money I could afford to lose, but the EA won enough to pay for itself. Great. After a while, I realised I was dead lucky. I ran in high risk mode & it paid off, but that's not a long term prospect. As a reasonably experienced stock & warrants trader, I knew that. Nevertheless the experience made the EA worth following. Then it had a bad run when Euro trended sharply, I lost a bit but not too much, got out for a while until ver 1.94 came along. I started using it again, still on a $3k account size (plus $50k demo), I have cut back my risk setting (the EA allows from 1 low to 10 high, I use 2) & I only use one pair (Eurusd). Account has made about $600 over last 3 months i.e. 20%, not to be sneezed at. Demo account has made ~ $1,000, not as much in % terms. Tom's EA is based on reversion to the mean, it copes brilliantly with a forex pair in a trading channel. It is not too greedy in setting its profit target, so as the forex pair oscillates within the channel the EA can close winning trades at both upper & lower levels. All good. BUT, and its a big but, it gets caught out badly when a trend starts, because its always expecting reversion to the mean, it continues to open new positions that get more & more into deficit. Depending on your risk settings, I can believe that some traders could blow their whole account. Personally, I manually close trades opened by the EA if its obvious to the human eye (me) that it is pushing against the trend i.e. what is not obvious to the robot. When it hedges well (say with 1 sell and 1 buy) I let it go until one of the 2 trades reaches its target, then hopefully the market reverses so the trade that is now heavily negative can actually improve. I have been trialling EURCHF in demo mode, going well so will open that up in live account. I don't intervene on the demo account, I think my intervention on the live account is one of the reasons why it has done better than the demo, the other is the demo a/c takes smaller positions (go figure!).

In summary: Tom's EA is definitely not a scam, it can make money, it has a lot of potential BUT you need to be careful using it, start small & with small position sizes and tight risk settings. Not too different from the way beginners should start trading manually. The EA could really hurt those who don't practice proper risk management (but then, so can the forex market generally).

on new and on ver. 1.95 and I agree almost 100%

Hello Guys

Let me add my 50cents here whoever added this statement to FPA are doing it wrong. With 5k initial deposit You should trade on 2 pairs - EUR/USD
GBP/USD , set risk level on 2 for EUR/USD and to 1 for GBP/USD.
Also, make sure that EA is trading micro lots ( acc should be micro, and broker should allow to place trades as low as 0.01 )
With this setup EA will trade 0.01 - 0.05 lots on 2 pairs and it will show you way better overall results
Trading 0.1 lots on account that small is too risky, because upon first big DD you will fell off into a margin call

also, current version of EA is 1.88, 1.89 should be released soon.

I am on second month with Toms Ea Ver. 1.95 - $4000 on Micro Alpari.uk, 1:200, hedging allowed account.

I only setup EUR/USD with 10% on the EA and it repeatedly gets into 50% drawdowns due to its asinine Martingale system. I imagine that, only one pair and $4000 is not enough to keep this EA from maxing out margin and eventually blowing the account. All the docs about RISK on the product are overstated by 50% IMHO.

To anyone contemplating the purchase of "Tom's EA" from Dustin Pass, let me make some things VERY clear to you, in order to save you the 2K they want to change you.

1. I just took part in what was explained to me to be a "LIVE" webinar, that was supposed to be LIVE, meaning that Dustin would be talking in real time, and would be showing up to date and current trade performance of Toms EA. Instead of that happening, I sat through a pre-recrded webinar that was promoted as if it was Live. How do I know that...well it's pretty easy to tell when Dustin says" I'm going to show you all my real account performance. These are from my real account". He then shows a page that has trades up until June of 2013 (It is October 11th 2013 as I write this), and also shows his My FXBook trade results that also shows trades only up to June of this year. Plus, even the live price feed he was showing of currency pair prices was showing prices of the EURUSD from June of 2013. So I had the pleasure of watching a 4 month old pre-recorded webinar, that these unethical and money obsessed charlatans promoted to me as being LIVE and real time.

2. Go to Dustin's website, Forex Trader's Daily Forex Trader's Daily - Forex Trading and Forex Training , and try to find a contact tab. Try to find anyway to contact them on their website. Opps, no luck. So they will try to sell you a 2K EA, that has no recently verified results (you can only find up until June of this year in any of their webinars), and yet don't even have a contact tab on their website.

Let me make this clear to you all....if an EA made the returns Dustin promotes that Tom's does, you and I and every other trader would NEVER EVER HEAR ABOUT IT. Because if it actually made money for more than a short finite period in time, it would be kept private and exclusively used to manage large accounts in the capacity as black box system, as is the case with hedge funds and money managers. In other words, if it really worked long term, and consistently made over 2% net per month, it would NEVER be sold to the general public. It would be used to trade the accounts of large investors, and Dustin would be making several million a year as a funds manager. Just drink a stiff cup of coffee so that your brain is firing on all cylinders and ask yourself...if you had a piece of software making over 2%/mo (this is the threshold that separates the under/average performing money managers from the real superstars that are able to do more than 25 net per month), would you sell that golden goose software that lays golden eggs for 2K a pop, having to market the heck out of it every month...OR would you keep the software to yourself, make great returns, get them audited by an accounting firm, and then go out and raise tens of millions and make MUCH more money managing the accounts of others?

I wanted to watch the webinar today, just so I could see what new system Dustin would be marketing that he would invariably and inevitable over sell and consequently saturate the market with...just like he did with the RSS (then to be renamed as the Oracle Trader once the RSS had a bad name for being sold to everyone and their grandmother...and their cousin....and their best friend...and their third grade teacher....and the teacher's dog....and the dog's fleas...and then after Dustin had sold the software to every organism with a pulse, then it would be finally offered to you as a "buy it NOW!, only 46 copies left, get it before it's to late"). I wanted to watch the webinar just so i could see first hand what amazing, "never before seen by the public", "secret weapon the banks don't want you knowing about" piece of software he would be marketing. Don't get me wrong, Dustin has had some good pieces of software. The RSS and StraddleTraderPro are two of them...but the problem lies in the fact that Dustin over sell EVERYTHING, to the point that it's like being sold the 2565th seat to a movie that only sits 400 in the theater. He is so freaking money obsessed, that he sells 10, 20, maybe 50 times more subscriptions than he should, and then ruins his own product. just like he did with the RSS 6 years ago. Enough is never enough for Dustin. He over sells everything. You succeed with his products if you buy early....but soon enough to many brokers have traders all using his software, and success stops occurring for everyone.

As for Tom's EA....please remember, if it actually made money, consistently, Dustin would:

- NOT have you watch what you are told is a LIVE webinar that is instead a PRE-RECORDED one from months earlier, showing performance from 4 months ago

- NOT even sell you the EA if it REALLY made money long term, because NO ONE in their right mind would sell their golden goose for 2K a pop when they could use it and make tens of millions a year managing the accounts of large investors.

To all you traders who are struggling to make money forex trading, please understand....there is no such thing as an EA that automatically makes large returns year in and year out, that is being sold to the general public. The automated programs that work and make money long term, are kept private for logical reasons. ever wonder why none of the EA's work long term...well, it's because they were curve fitted to perform well in a back tested environment. It's easy to make them look good for a few months. As or Dustins MyFXBook "verifiable results"....that's easy. Run 5 different copies of the same EA, using different settings for each and a different EA name as well, and open 5 accounts with MyFXBook. Then after a year, pick the EA that has had the best performance and market that while showing the live trade results, not telling anyone that you had 5 different accounts being traded by 5 different variations of the same EA. Market the hell out of the most successful iteration of the EA, until it blows up trading live, and then stop marketing the EA using live webinars...just use 4 month old pre-recorded webinars that showed the success the cherry picked EA used to once have.

Very simple everyone...IF the EA made lots of money, you'd be the last one to know bout it. Don't ignore the fact that Dustin just put me into a 4 month old pre-recorded webinar. Don't ignore the fact that their website has no contact information. Don't ignore that software that really makes money would never be sold to retail traders when it could be used to trade 100 million or more, yielding the owner of the software SUBSTANTIALLY more than the nickels and dime profits from selling it to retail traders.

I am trying to save you from buying a curve fitted EA that was simply the best performing of the 5,10, or 20 variations Dustin submitted to MyFXBook. Please wake up and smell the coffee. Save your money.

Back