Romance Scam Top Tank Scam (www.sinsab.com)

Pig Slaughter and similar scams
yes I did, i am in US, I just didn't know which agency i need report this Scammer?
I just joined your club as one of the victim :D. You've lost half less than what I've put in. Sorry for that. For me, I took it with a grain of salt and out of greed went and fell for it when I had a hunch. Lesson learned for me. However, money can be taken away, but always stay positive and work hard to earn back what's loss, please do not let money dictate your life outcome.

While I've lost a good chunk, but I've learned a lot more in day trading so I know I am still good.

What you can try to do is extract small amount (100-1000) slowly (but i'd recommend 100-500) back to your main wallet (coinbase/bitstamp/etc...) if your account hasn't been locked up (asset puts under "in order"). This puts you under the radar of their system flagging your account. I've managed to do that for ~5k that I was planning to do daily with 1k each time, but stopped after being led to believe (stupid on my end). So now I would say it's too late for me.

I'm going to try and follow some of the guide links above to file to help prevent top tank from scamming others (they go under many different referral name sites but no official link page).

Once again, my condolences to you, but again don't let the scammer take more joy out of you being depressed over lost income.

I just joined your club as one of the victim :D. You've lost half less than what I've put in. Sorry for that. For me, I took it with a grain of salt and out of greed went and fell for it when I had a hunch. Lesson learned for me. However, money can be taken away, but always stay positive and work hard to earn back what's loss, please do not let money dictate your life outcome.

While I've lost a good chunk, but I've learned a lot more in day trading so I know I am still good.

What you can try to do is extract small amount (100-1000) slowly (but i'd recommend 100-500) back to your main wallet (coinbase/bitstamp/etc...) if your account hasn't been locked up (asset puts under "in order"). This puts you under the radar of their system flagging your account. I've managed to do that for ~5k that I was planning to do daily with 1k each time, but stopped after being led to believe (stupid on my end). So now I would say it's too late for me.

I'm going to try and follow some of the guide links above to file to help prevent top tank from scamming others (they go under many different referral name sites but no official link page).

Once again, my condolences to you, but again don't let the scammer take more joy out of you being depressed over lost income.
Sorry for your loss. Can you post the various names they are using?

Sorry for your loss. Can you post the various names they are using?
Yes, I can definitely and will share. I have all the convo saved from whatsapp and the numbers. Name of the scammer, for now, I will withhold as I am trying to work something out on my end to see if I can recover anything, it may take some time and may mean nothing really but please understand. All I can say right now is just a single name and without a last name (so I doubt it will be anything helpful); however, this is also based in the US East Coast (withholding the location as well for now). After a week or so I will provide a full report and some comedy of my stupidity in this :D.

I am in the US too. I lost huge money on Toptank. In additional to the large principle, I also sent tax payment close to $250k and security deposit $50k to be able to withdraw my funds, which never happened.

I am in the US too. I lost huge money on Toptank. In additional to the large principle, I also sent tax payment close to $250k and security deposit $50k to be able to withdraw my funds, which never happened.
Sorry for your loss however paying taxes and fees is part of the scam to steal more money from victims. You need to start by taking screen shots of all communication, all trades, all transfers, their website, wallet addresses, etc. Have you reported this to any of the authorities?

Sorry for your loss however paying taxes and fees is part of the scam to steal more money from victims. You need to start by taking screen shots of all communication, all trades, all transfers, their website, wallet addresses, etc. Have you reported this to any of the authorities?
Not yet, where shall I report these to? Shall I also call 911? I saved all the transactions and communication with their customer service.

Not yet, where shall I report these to? Shall I also call 911? I saved all the transactions and communication with their customer service.
Please go to post 5 in page 1 of this thread. There are links for where to report this and No do not call 911.

1656717152758.png

So here is my quick summarized story. I have decided not to take further action out personal reasons in the end. However, to help others that may take out of this here are some things that should help trigger warning flags.

First off, it was entirely my own fault for lowering my guards and eventually failed to evaluate the trusts when I was at the beginning suspected of the scam. The main reason where I turned around and started trusting then eventually gave in was mainly due to #1.
  1. Scammers can be anyone (even co-worker of someone you know and gained that person's trust to help referred you) or anyone on LinkedIn that may reach out to you via DM. So it is no longer from random websites such as dating apps. In my case it was the first.
  2. When being requested to communicate using WhatsApp or something similar (I had a hunch at the beginning
  3. Always trust your guts and research, research, and research before commit... (I've done mine but still fell for it due to stupidity).
  4. Go in small and stay firm with what you can afford to lose, don't let them push you into it (better yet don't go in at all!). I ended up losing 50k total and that was the max amount that I committed so even though it was a tough loss, it was within my gamble.
  5. As mentioned many times, there's no such thing as taxable amount where you are required to transfer additional funds (crypto) from your main source of wallet (cold wallet/Coinbase/etc...) into your scam trading platform wallet (makes no sense right? you are paying tax to yourself in order to withdraw, weird right?).
    1. The scammer will try to subsidise you with half or some of the "tax" amount and agree to transfer to help you out and the rest you take care - DO NOT DO IT NO MATTER WHAT.
    2. I was planning to test the scammer by requesting him/her to transfer to my Coinbase wallet instead to which I am positive the request will be declined. If it did work, I was planning to hold the transferred fund and initiate reports or vice versa, but I ended up not going this route and just called it a loss (again due to personal reason).
  6. Not sure if this is true for other scamming platform, but like other user that have mentioned somewhere, when you try to withdraw, there is a certain amount that would trigger to freeze your account. Best bet is to withdraw slowly and in small amount in different value at different times/dates to avoid being detected. Disregard what the scammer say to you (being upset and what not) since I'm sure they are unable to know your account/wallet on the scam platform unless you've shared that info with them. I managed to take out 2.5k at beginning but stopped because I've failed to stay vigilant.

I think the main point to take a way from this is do not trust anyone with your money and do your research thoroughly while don't let the FOMO take over you. Scammers come in many forms, it can be someone from your work (indirect or direct) or anyone else over the web.

Again, my apologies for being unable to share the full story and sorry to those who have lost more than what I have, especially if it ended up being part of your life savings. No matter what, do not give up hope and let any of the negative emotions overtake your current life. Money can always be regained.

We just found out we are in the similar situation. What action did you take? Did you get any money back?

We just found out we are in the similar situation. What action did you take? Did you get any money back?
It is very unlikely that you will get your money back, unfortunately... You may claim it as a ponzi scam and claim that in your tax filing, there's a guide for it (see Punisher's post(s)). There's also a guide on how to report as well.

Sorry for your loss.

Back