tp and automaticity in mt4!!

alzahif

Corporal
i faced big problem when using metatrader4 recently
i opened sell position and spicify tp(takeprofit) price ,,the big broblem when market price reach below my tp point several times and the deal not closed,,finally i close it manually after they let me loss some of my profit!!
it is possible such a big problem occur ,and who is responsible for that?
3nx
:):confused:

Your broker should be responsible as this may be a technical issue!
You should keep the snapshot of that situation and raise complaints and ask for compensation.
You can discuss it on the broker review page and let us see what your broker says.

Turn on the ask line on your charts.

Here's the simple way to view Bid and Ask: Whichever price gives you the worst entry or the worst exit is the one that your order will execute at.

If both the bid and ask went past your TP and nothing happened, then you need to have a serious discussion with your broker.

i faced big problem when using metatrader4 recently
i opened sell position and spicify tp(takeprofit) price ,,the big broblem when market price reach below my tp point several times and the deal not closed,,finally i close it manually after they let me loss some of my profit!!
it is possible such a big problem occur ,and who is responsible for that?
3nx
:):confused:

Better you inform this matter to your broker. This is a technical or any other issue from their side.

This happens during the major news release but if you have faced the same even during the normal market conditions then better consider changing the broker.

There could be several reasons for this:

1. Your broker could have had an issue or created one (let's hope this one was not the case otherwise you should switch brokers).

2. Maybe you looked at the wrong price, if you look just at the chart you may mistake that it hit your TP. Make sure you are aware of Bid and Ask price and which one applies to your order.

3. Slippage could have played a role which means your broker lacks liquidity or ability to fill your order.

I think those are the three major ones, anyone who has more to add please do so.

Back