Trade.com journal. Is making a living with CFD trading a SCAM or a CHANCE?

Like many other people I'm making plan for this new year. Looks like I need some kind of a methodology that couldhelp me testing these new approaches and making proper conclusions. Otherwise I can keep wondering about these charts for ages without making proper actions towrds the goal.

Ok, look. You've mentioned the fact that you lack some information about the trades that you didn't enter but planned to, to make proper decisions on trading strategy. Untill you get this information, you'll keep yourself stuck in doubts of what to do with your next trades' ideas (to enter the trade with market orders, leave it as is, or plan limit orders more generously). Numbers are your only friends here. The solution is obvious. You need to get the numbers for each particular outcome and see the overall results for each of three options.
You see, now that you know that you need these numbers, half problem is solved. You only need to work on getting these numbers.
I think that it can be a good idea to create a row in Excel of Google Sheet each time you see the possibility on the market (pattern or situation that makes you think of placing the order). Next in the end of the day you can go through each of these rows and enter the values of profit/loss for each of the approaches: aggressive enry, loose entry, normal entry.
Of course this is just a basic idea and it requires polishing. However, this is how you can do that. This advise is very precise.
Yes, it will take time. You'll feel reluctant working with these spreadsheets. However, if you don't put yourself in a situation when you need to spend 12 hours in raw manually entering all these values at once for 100+ raws, you'll be fine. The result will not come overnight, but in a month or two you'll have enough stats to make conclusions about the strategy. These conclusions will have some scientific ground! And it won't be tht painful if you do some work every day.

That's a fantastic advice and an excellent idea for a New Year resolution! Thanks a lot.
The plan B remain to delegate the funds management to professionals from trade.com but I'l do my best to stick to plan A. Hope your advice wil help.

Hello everyone! Please let me know if you've had any troubles with trade.com . I suspect this is a scam brokerage and I'd appreciate any extra infomration if you've got any.

What's the problem with trade.com ? I bet topic strater of this thread should know a lot on this issue. Wish you good luck in your investigation!

I'd like to leave this thread for my trading success journaling purpose.
Outting it briefly, no, I don't think trade.com is a scam. At least my experience says so. I guess the issue can be discussed further elsewhere, not in this thread. If necessary.

No problem. Sorry for interrupting. BTW you've really discussed some interesting ideas here in this thread guys. Wish you all the succes with your attempts to make a living with trading!

Thank you! Indeed, the ideas were nice. What I've started doing is:
- making a tading plan for a day in the morning.
- journaling every single trade
- revising necessary targets and stop losses every two weeks
I still have troubles journaling the trades I didn't enter. This is the next checkbox in my TODO list.

What's so difficult about journaling the trades you didn't enter? I do believe this can shift your profitability significantly for better. Remove all the doubts and act!

True. The lack of motivation is the only reason. I do beieve this approach can help significantly just like you do. I agree! But for some reason I always postpone starting. Not today. Tomorrow maybe. That sounds silly. I must start today.

Back