Trade.com journal. Is making a living with CFD trading a SCAM or a CHANCE?

Correct, everyone will have different results. Glad the advice helped and you've found smth really interesting that can boost your performance.
it's true, the findings might be useless for other traders, but this is most important that they are uselful for you.

Looks like you keep making some progress here. Well done! That's an intresting find about gold and I think this is probably even more important to know how to cut the losses in trading rather than maximize profits.

Well, that probably depends on how you approach the risk management and how the risks relate to the potential reward. The classics say this is favorable to keep risk to reward ratio close to 1:3 level.

True but your find about gold is not only about minimizing the losses. If you aren't making much profits with it either, this is worthy to drop the instrument.

I think I'll keep papertrading gold for a little while. Oils and EURUSD will remain for now in live trading. Fortunatelly both instruments are rather favorabale to trade.com.

EURUSD has been doing so great this morning! There were two excellent flse breakouts, and the second breakout of 1.22229 was a MUSTHAVE! Great level, uptrend, volumes - it all was there! But I normally use limit orders for entries and therefore missed the opportunity to get the whole move! Dang!

Attachments

• EUR USD.png
    EUR USD.png
    106.4 KB · Views: 8
If limit orders is what you do all the time, why not leave it and let the pain of regrets go? Come on, you've been struggling with these regrets for ages already. Accept the fact that you can't always make money on the market. Soemtimes you will lose. Sometimes you will miss opportunities. Life is pain. Trading manually is a double pain.

You are right, indeed. I guess this is a momentary feeling that overwhelms you after you see the missed opportunities. The post-analysis makes it clear that you've done all right. BY entering with limit orders I've been saving a lot of money making the stops smaller, getting better entry points and maximizing the profits. No need to regret for sure simply because one of the trades pointed at the opposite conclusions about what is the right thing to do.

I think people normally rememeber better what has caused pain. When everything goes well, traders think: ok, I've worked hard, this is the fair reward I'm getting now. The pain feels much more intense and this is a hard work to difersify between what you feel is truth and what is truth.

Ok, it's been a year since I've started working on this project trying to figure out whether making a living with Trade.com is a scam or a chance. I was ready to ge tsome proofs that its a scam that makes people rush into doubtful speculations with own capital and own consciousness.
Here is what I realized by now. I'l l try to keep the list as brief as possible.
1. Making a living with trading is possible if you have a sufficient enough deposit.
2. The choice of the broker matters. It's not all about trading fees. The most important thing is to choose the one with fair executions than ensure minimal slippages.
3. It is true that psychology plays an important role in trading. The only way to get rid of this impact is to formalize the strategy you use on the market 100%
4. Details matter in strategy. " I'll trade gold along with the trend and have 1:3 R:R is NOT a strategy"
5. It's not only important what you notice on the market but also what you don't notice.
6. The more statistics you collect, and the more time you spend analysing it, the more money you make on the market.

Back