Trade.com journal. Is making a living with CFD trading a SCAM or a CHANCE?

I know exactly how this feels and the feeling sucks no doubt. Missed profit hurts even more than some loss. At least you know you've tried.
That's good that you didn't start doing lots of stupid trades though because of this situation.

wish you good luck
well, you can also try etf trading - more predictable and you don't have to be too smart :cool:
currency is good...but maybe only for ea

I know exactly how this feels and the feeling sucks no doubt. Missed profit hurts even more than some loss. At least you know you've tried.
That's good that you didn't start doing lots of stupid trades though because of this situation.
Yesterday was looking for EURUSD short, but failed to grab the opportunity when it was there. Moved aways from computer and lost the chance after the false day high breakout. Today got a bit wiser and placed buy stop order as the price retraced downwards enough to test the support level of 1.18. The move was very fast and when I finished the meal, take profit's been hit already. I didn't even get a chance to take a screenshot at the time of trade, so here is the report onlyand a chart with my own marks of entry and exit. Stop loss was below 1.18023 BTW.

Attachments

• trade.com result 25aug (3).png
    trade.com result 25aug (3).png
    36.8 KB · Views: 12
  • trade on a chart 25aug.png
    trade on a chart 25aug.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 13
Well done!
A bit inconvenient that trade.com does not show the report on trade directly on the chart, but I can see the logic there in the trade. Stop loss is a bit too wide IMHO, but perhaps there was some reason behind.

wish you good luck
well, you can also try etf trading - more predictable and you don't have to be too smart :cool:
currency is good...but maybe only for ea
Thanks for the good wishes.
Recently I've been thinking a lot about what you've said. I've noticed a huge temptation to start looking for new assets to trade, new brokers, swtich to futures or ETFs. I don't have to trade CFDs only simply cause I've deposited some funds to trade.com, do I?
In any case a careful investigation of my motivation I've found that I do change my mind too often. Yes, that's important to be rather flexible in opinions when you try making a living on the market. Trends change, don't they )) Yet, my focus is to develop the skill I do know I've already got. The system works on backtests! But live implementation gives a near zero result, cause I'm missing the trades that were supposed to be there arccording to the system and I'm closing trades too early when they are OK. So my priority #1 now is to learn implementing my system, not looking for another system. Backtests are fine with EURUSD. I just need to make live trading as systematic as it has to be and that is 100% systematic.

Uhhh... I'd say around 75% of what I do on a live trade.com account is systematic and matches my backtest results. So there is a room to make it perect.

Look you are pretty confident in you EURUSD system. In this case I'd suggest you to stick to your initial plan and post you each and every trade in this journal. In this case you will have some motivation to do your best to do everything according to THE PLAN. That's a psychological manipulation but who said manipulations can't be effective enough?

I just wanted to write something like: you don't understand, treading warns me out and I've got another part time job and... bla-blah .. so I can't post every trade here as I'm too busy with some more importnat things. Yet, I guess we all know its a bull****. You are right 100%. I have to think about it for a while and, most importantly, do something about it.

I've just finished reading Robert Carver's book named 'Systematic Trading'. While reading it I had a chance to reconsider the methods I've been using in my approach to market and for some reason I couldn't stop remembering your thread. So I guess this is my obligation to recommend you this book.
Please pardon if I sound annoying or insisting. I just want to see some progress in your trading as I can't stop questioning myself 'I wonder how that guy is doing?' I believe this urge has something to do with my own attempts to make the rules of the game more clear to myself and I sincerely with you something I wish for myself.

Back