• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Trade.com (Lead Capital Markets)

General discussions of a financial company
I understand your desire when I first started to trade cross pairs also called minors I got a big thrill because it greatly differed from what I faced when trading majors.

I noticed that that cross pairs are less dependent on breaking economic news and it’s one of the major reasons to trade these assets for me.

Yeah, that’s right. I made same conslusion ionce I started my acquaintance with minors. These assets are not trendy such as majors or indices and it’s a great advantage cuz it makes them more predictable. All you need to do when trading minors is to be attentive all the time. Otherwise you will not notice the most suitable moment to open a trade.

I joined the broker to trade long-term trends. For four years in trading I understood that long-lasting trends are the best things that can happen to me. Earlier I tried to work in the short term. I tried nearly everything, including cross-pairs. Finally, I came to an understanding, I would better stick with several assets that demonstrate long-lasting trends and give up trading anything else.
The best assets for me are major currency pairs USD/JPY and GPB/USD. I followed GPB/USD for more than two years, while USD/JPY attracted me only last year.
Once I focused on these two pairs, my trading strategy became very simple. I joined new brokers whenever I have extra funds and open long-term trades on these assets. I did it with Trade.com.

I wanna do the same but as of now I lack extra margin. Maybe in the future I will open separate accounts to trade several assets in the long-term. What attracts me in this approach is that you can relax once you entered the market at the right time and then it only remains to move take profits alongside trends. I could have traded these two pairs now but I don’t want to quit trading what I’m trading now. I realize that I need separate accounts for this.

Lost for some time, but wanted to share followng. I missed a good opportunity to open a trade on GPB/USD on May 31. For me that should be the very beginning of the rebound from 1.26529. Unfortunately, I had to be off for several days. Therefore, I failed to kick in on time. When I came back, it was too late to join the bearish ride.
Fortunately, very often misfortune brings new opportunities and this happened, although I didn’t expect it. Suddenly, I felt a strong interest in cryptos. I worked on these assets intraday and I liked the outcome. Now I want to trade cryptos in the long-term too. I need to allocate extra margin for this.

Surprised that with your big experience you didn’t leave pending orders before leaving on your business (as i understood you with trade.com for many years).
As for the British pound, I was luckier than you and sold it off right on May 31.

I never hurry to enter the market. Even when it comes to the use of pending orders, I still need a lot of time to think over due to be afraid of making mistakes. I’m currently overwhelmed with crypto trading and certainly don’t intend to quit my favorite currency pairs, but I want to earn on cryptos too =S

I keep trading cross-pairs and these assets are getting more absorbing for me. For some reason, I had been overlooking cross pairs with EUR. Perhaps, I thought that EUR was as crucial as the American dollar and it was also driven by economic factors and therefore news, just like the greenback.
Fortunately, I timely managed to get rid of such a prejudice and finally started trading pairs with EUR, except for EUR/USD, of course.
For the last time, I looked through many pairs with EUR, but only one brought me some money and encouraged me to pay more attention to this pair. It was EUR/CHF.

I’m a bit puzzled, I should say. I will try to follow your story very attentively despite my strong phobia to EUR/USD. Yeah, you are talking about EUR/CHF, but my hate to major EUR/USD is so strong.

Back