• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Trade.com (Lead Capital Markets)

General discussions of a financial company
I totally agree with the approach. Its much easier to narrow the problem to finding out who can earn more. The trouble is I can't say much about my annual results. If I spent a year trading every day instead of going to work, I could speak of some consistent stats we could rely on. However, I don't trade full time yet.

This "psycho-garbage" is a bomb ticking inside each one of us. I love the approach of comparing just numbers of ROA, but in trading we've got lot more unknown components of ROA formula. It will depend of how well market was performing that particular year overall, how much initial investment you need to start, what are the drawdowns, how much time is wasted with both approaches, etc. I'd say if you are busy and know how to earn money doing something less stressful - don't even hesitate, trust your investments to professionals and forget about interfering the process for at least a year or two. But if you are a professional yourself, can make 100% yearly with acceptable drawdowns, enjoy the process and don't stress about it too much - go ahead. Leave longterm investments idea for a while, until you are tired to trade CFDs yourself. Just make sure you choose ta reliable brokerage and can withdraw the profits fine. I think Trade.com is quite a reasonable choice if we speak of reputation.

This was actually a very good point about doing the complex analysis. When we trade, we don’t simply either ,make money or not. We can also either ruin our health or not, risk the money we could have spent better ort not, etc. So iI value my career it’s a rather complex issue. In my case I should definitely keep my job as I value my career a lot and the company I work for values me as well.

Hope they value you in a monetary equivalent LOL. I mean some people tend to stay at their hated jobs for ages, because of loyalty and because they think company will fail without them. This is arrogance to think so. There are no employees that can’t be changed for some other employee without losing much. Especially this is true for large companies, but even small ones are pretty same. Hope you are not from Japan and this truth won’t hurt your feelings.

HAhaha, no I’m not Japanese and I don’t really have that kind of loyalty to my company. It’s just a nice place where I do work I can do well and I get paid fine, so that I can afford investing in some thematic portfolio at Trade.com. U know, their minimum requirements for investments are not that small.

What are they? If the required investment is big enough, did you consider some other passive income strategies like buying real estate or smth like that?

Yup, I’ve considered those. Real estate is not that easy when you know the business little better. If you consider smth like airbnb business, you’ll find out you will inevitably have to invest LOTS OF EFFORT first to make nice decorations, then photos, then descriptions of the housing. Then you may run into problematic customers, etc… You will finally either need to make it your full time job or hire some personnel. Trade.com asks for 10-30K for their thematic portfolios and 20-40K for asset management. So I can afford any of those. But no, real estate is a definite NO.

I think that no matter what you choose, you will sooner or later have to leave your office job and will have to move to the next level. I told you above, it's all about making money. If we're talking about trading, it is. But a person has 24 hours a day, not more and not enough time for everything. I think that trading and work will not be able to combine 8 hours a day. In addition, it's possible to address the question of psychology - do you want to invest just for the sake of money or do you still want to become independent?

I think that no matter what you choose, you will sooner or later have to leave your office job and will have to move to the next level. I told you above, it's all about making money. If we're talking about trading, it is. But a person has 24 hours a day, not more and not enough time for everything. I think that trading and work will not be able to combine 8 hours a day. In addition, it's possible to address the question of psychology - do you want to invest just for the sake of money or do you still want to become independent?
I want to be independent, of course.
However, I think that doesn't depends am I working for a company or for myself. I see independence to be not about this.
By the way, I think the following way: I have some savings, Trade.com offers good possibilities to invest, so why don't try? People say this is a good moment, casue there was a significant retracement becasue of all these viruses and oil wars.

Yeah, but with an investment in the same apartment, it's less likely to fail. Even if you patch up, the apartment will stay, but if you choose the wrong asset, it's a much more dangerous decision. We're not here for a symposium, so I won't try to give any advice, but I'd think twice. I agree thosugh that retracement is rather fascinating for new opportunities. Not sure it's the end of it, but still...

Back