• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Trade.com (Lead Capital Markets)

General discussions of a financial company
Huh, it seems that there is no significant difference =)
The essence is the same - you're investing in assets

From this point that may be right.
But look it from another point - Thematic Portfolio concentrates on one industry, while Assets Management is rather balanced investment portfolio. Clay Davidson explained everything quite clear. I'm thinking what's better now, seems Thematic Portfolio is still looking more tasty.

Why you just don't invest this $15,000 in trading?
Look. Yeah, from the one point this portfolio is designed by professionals (I'm speaking both about TPs and AMs), but those professionals wouldn't make any not standard decision. Their goal is quite clear - they're just offering assets that have good trading dynamics on the market.However, don't forget about Black Swans, they happen and they can ruin your investment. And if Trade.com managers know that trend - then a lot of traders will also follow it.. I can just cite Alfred Marshall there (sry for my pathos): "Internatonal markets are accumulating free money and (pay attention there) to earn on the market, you should not follow macroeconomic trend (so-called mid-term waves) but to predict where there will be next-stage in such wave (there are 4 stages: expansion, peak, contraction, and trough)". All portfolios are designed in the industries that are on expansion or peak stage now.
If I were you, I will choose long-term investing and design portfolio myself. That's more risky but it can pay off, IMO.

Hmm, sounds interesting. That's some kind of economics stuff? I'm not so proficient in economics, so that's hard to understand what you're talking about but thanks for your reasoning, I will try to read about this and speak to professionals, maybe that will help me to understand more not only about trading, but about international markets in general =)

Guys, looks like there might be some Trade.com customers here. I do have a suspicion there is some scam scheme taking place with this brokerage. Please drop a few lines with your opinion in this FPA thread please, when you get a chance. Thanks in advance!

Guys, looks like there might be some Trade.com customers here. I do have a suspicion there is some scam scheme taking place with this brokerage. Please drop a few lines with your opinion in this FPA thread please, when you get a chance. Thanks in advance!
Yes, I also had plans to invest in Thematic Portfolios, but Trade.com shut them down. I've connected with Trade.com support and I got an answer that it's unavailable now and they don't know when it would be available and whether it would become available at all.

I've read your thread.... This situation looks a little strange. I hope that Trade.com still supports those who invested inThematic Portfolios before.
But I was shocked when opened Trade.com website and haven't found Thematic Portfolios, even though that I was brainlagging.

Yes, they're available for those who previously invested. As I think, they weren't popular among traders, most people preffered assets management, so company decided to shut thematic portfolios down. But I don't have exact info, that's just my assumption.

Oh, than it's okey. At least the company keeps supporting those who have already invested. In other words, the company hasn't broken the public offer.

I don't understand why the people that didn't trade with Thematic Portfolios at all say there may be a "violation of the public offer".
I mean I do understand to some extent given the purpose of FPA existance. HOwever, this trade.com scam warning is a bit over the top imo.

FPA Forums Team Note: Please read the review page more carefully. The FPA has issued warnings about Trade.com, but has not labelled the company as a scam.

Back