• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Trade.com (Lead Capital Markets)

General discussions of a financial company
I don't understand why the people that didn't trade with Thematic Portfolios at all say there may be a "violation of the public offer".
I mean I do understand to some extent given the purpose of FPA existance. HOwever, this trade.com scam warning is a bit over the top imo.

FPA Forums Team Note: Please read the review page more carefully. The FPA has issued warnings about Trade.com, but has not labelled the company as a scam.
Regarding the FPA team note, I need to clarify my point.
I didn't claim FPA labeled Trade.com to be a scam. I was speaking of the thread about Trade.com in Scam Alerts section of FPA.
Sorry for the confusion!

Oh, I see FPA team made a note on my post, hah. Well done, actually. I just realized now that post could be misinerpreted, lol. I meant the thread where people complained about thematic portfolios and made the assumption that it's kinda scam.
I'm sorry if I was misunderstood.
But I generally agree that people go overboard with all this stuff about TPs, especially taking into account they haven't invested in it (and I think only 10% would invest in the future if the company didn't stop running them).

Personally, I don't blame anyone, I understand that sometimes companies stop running some features.
It's just that I don't like an approach when people people start looking for something to complain about rather than do something productive.
Complaining can be productive too, as FPA clearly shows but we need to distinguish.

This weekend I spoke to a trader from Eastern Europe. The brokerage stopped supporting the service for residents of his country so he had to transfer all the balance to another brokerage. What was mostly unpleasant about the situation - the broker was fully regulated but this guy still had to go through all this trouble.
So yeah, sometimes brokers stop running some features, no regulator can help. It seems to be ok from the legal point of view as I understood from this conversation.

Sad situation, but it usually happens not because brokers don't wanna operate in country, but just becuase sometimes local governments are applying restrictions (sometimes such restrictions are really insane), just for the sake of increasing their popularity among the voters. Usually such restrictions for trading industry aren't fair, but governments are imposing them on the whole industry because of populism...
And brokers can do nothing in this regard.

I'm now trading with Trade.com, but still the problem is to control my trades when I'm out of PC. What do you think about Trade.com app? Worth installing?

I'm using it. Can't say it's too usefull, but it helps me to open-close trades when I'm away from PC. I don't think it can replace PC at all, but it's a good additional way to keep on trading even when I can't pay all my time to it. So I think it worth installing.
Why you're asking about that? I thought that's non-negotiable at all.. Almost all traders are using mobile apps.

I know, but I have a negative experience with my previous brokerage (mobile app was so bugged). That's why I aksed =)
I already installed it, seems to be working good, no buggs detected.

Hey everybody! I see there are some live traders of Trade.com in this thread.
What do you guys think about their executions? I've had some suspicious stop loss executions there and I wnat to find out if anybody else has got the same trouble.

Sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience. No troubles on my side. Perhaps we could find out more details if we knew more about your troubles. What exactly happened?

Well, the trouble is that my stop loss orders get executed before the price actually reaches the set stop loss. Unfair stop loss orders executions. That's my problem.

Back