• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Trade.com (Lead Capital Markets)

General discussions of a financial company
It feels like people tend to choose one indicator because it’s somehow appealing to them. They picture it as ideal in their mind and start relying on it. Some indicators are really beautiful. That sounds weird by many people are driven by a strong aesthetic value of anything.

It doesn’t surprise me. Afterall, there’s a common point of view that a trader shouldn’t use too many indicators because his attention can be overloaded. Perhaps, some people tend to follow this tip too strictly.

I remember that technical indicators I was told on trading courses often confused me. However, some of them seemed to be quite simple. These are Stochastic and Bollinger Bands. I also heard that the given indicators are often combined with channel trading.
Moving averages confuse me. At first, they seem fairly simple, but some people use too many moving averages with different periods and also add 2-3 extra indicators and it makes my pot boil.
Now I try to put what I learned on courses in order. I think I should use Stochastic and Bollinger and channel trading. Perhaps, I will add something later.

That’s right. Don’t try to disperse your attention on too many things. Those two indicators would be enough. Channel trading really works, although it’s not a panacea… as anything else in trading.

So, I see I’m on the right path-) I will try to make the most of channel trading. I will work on a Webtrader account with trade.com. I don’t exclude a possibility of opening one more account (Metatrader 4) later. I heard that many traders have several accounts used within one trading system.

I decided to stop using indicators. It seems to me that most of the time they distract me from real trading. As I told, I first tried to rely on Stochastic and Bollinger Bands. However, later I noticed that they generate enough false signals. Although I heard that’s true for any other technical indicator.
So, I decided to rely on price channels only. I noticed that they always work. The price somehow reacts to them. It can either rebound from them or break through but it never remains indifferent to them.
Timeframes matter too. I noticed that I have more chances to close my trade profitably if I studied all timeframes before opening the trade.

No, I have never tried them and I don’t want to do this. I don’t think that they can give me a real advantage.

I heard some guys can greatly benefit from custom indicators. I wonder if trade.com would object if you use those.

Back