Trade.com scam regarding thematic portfolios? - Resolved

Muzshura

Private, 1st Class
I've been saving money to invest in one of Trade.com thematic portfolios. Artificial Intelligence stocks portfolio to be specific.
About a week ago I've monitored the situation on their website and all portfolios have updated info on their returns, all was good. I got even more decisive and was about to open an account. And guess what?!
Thematic portfolios are no longer available! I've found that out today.
I think this is very unfair. There was a public offer that a company has done before. Is this some kind of a Trade.com scam, because they took away the info on thematic portfolios from their website?
I am not 100% about it, so please correct me if I'm wrong. But I think this is all very suspicios and requires further investigation.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate.
However, the thread you've mentioned does not correspond the topic I've raised here. I do believe that my message has a lot to do with a potential scam alert and I do believe it belongs this section of the FPA forum.
On the other hand I agree, that it would be nice to know the opinion of the people who know more about Trade.com and can share their direct experiencet so that we all can find out the truth. This is why I've asked people from the thread you've adviced to visit to share their opinion on whether there is some scam going on with Trade.com thematic portfolios or not.
I really do believe this thread has got an important mission. Discovering truth - this is what FPA is all about, isn't it?
Thank you for your patience and understanding!

I don't even know... I'm not a lawer myself, but I have a feeling that the public offer is only valid as long as it's public. We can't really tell whether trade.com is a scam or not based on the fact they used to provide some kind of a service but no longer do. You can't make them manage your funds if you haven't signed the agreement while it was possible.

Ok, may be. But what about all those people who have invested already? What's happened to their portfolios. This is important to find out as it's a matter of trust to the company overall. Trade.com still offers CFD trading and they offer asset management as well. What if it's all scam?!

Why don't you contact trade.com first and find out for sure why the certain service is no longer provided?
Sometimes brokers have local restrictions and make services for customers from certain regions avaialble but unavailable for other regions. I agree with the above statement, this is not fair to accuse of scam right away based on such an evidence.
However, I also agree that the question is interesting enough. That would be nice to find out what happens to the investments that their portfolio managers no longer seem to run.

OK, I agree that actually makes some sense to contact the representative of Trade.com directly and ask for some explanations on potential scam taking place.
I actually wanted to contact the support on this matter, yet they ask for customer ID and account number before they provide me with any further information. It looked like some prewritten text to get rid of annoying inquieries :/

OK, I agree that actually makes some sense to contact the representative of Trade.com directly and ask for some explanations on potential scam taking place.
I actually wanted to contact the support on this matter, yet they ask for customer ID and account number before they provide me with any further information. It looked like some prewritten text to get rid of annoying inquieries :/

Can you send one formal invitation to Trade.com also about this thread?

Well, I don't really approve such a prctice, yet it's a very common one in this sphere. Both brokers and trading platforms developers has got some limited human resources in support so they try to automate it as much as possible and help real customers that pay their subscription fees or trading commissions first of all. For example, Sierra Charts trading platform developers only support the tickets of real customers that pay their subscriptions only and refusee to support the tickets of customers that get such a subscription through partnership programs with thier brokers.
I guess the similar thing takes place with Trade.com. They only focus on European customers so they possibly refuse to speak to non-customers, especially if they do not belong to their targeted auditorium.

Ok, but the fact that non of trade.com customers actually wants to find out whether the scam is taking place here or not drives me crazy. People, come on, why don't you have a teaspoon of curiosity in you?
Can you send one formal invitation to Trade.com also about this thread?
I surely will, but with no guarantee on my side that their support will take me seriously. If its half automated as I think it is, then my main might go in vain.

Back